Article/CMS system round up.

jonsidneyb

Maybe this will be helpful for some for there to be a list of the different things available. I don't think there is anything that meets my needs yet but maybe someday.

What should I add to this list?

Vivvo
Contentteller
ragtek's upcoming Article system
XenPorta
Wordpress
Drupal
Joomla
xPortal
Subdreamer
Contao

Unknown about integration on these.

Geeklog
PHP-Nuke
phpWebSite
TYPO3
Xoops
Zikula
phpWCMS

Some news to our article system

I've made a big mistake, because i wanted to use 100% the xenforo framework for this (specially the node system)
but it's IMHO lacking and not very well thought out, so there are too many areas ATM were we would need to hack around:/
Kier said, that 1.1 will bring some changes, but until then, i'm not sure if it will be released to public......
sorry

vB CMS.

*Starts chuckling* :LOL:

I don't like IB at all but vB's CMS does all the things I need on the front page, It has issues but can do the things I need out of it. I did have to use a mod to get it to do what I wanted however. If I could get something that could do what vB CMS does I would be a step closer to moving to XenForo.

Just going down a list, some of these might not be popular and whatnot...I have no clue about xF integration but they are all a CMS.

Geeklog
PHP-Nuke
phpWebSite
TYPO3
Xoops
Zikula
phpWCMS

http://php.opensourcecms.com/

Here's a list that might trigger someone's memory of a CMS they like:

34yadm8.png

Break the list into Native and non-Native.

I don't like IB at all but vB's CMS does all the things I need on the front page, It has issues but can do the things I need out of it. I did have to use a mod to get it to do what I wanted however. If I could get something that could do what vB CMS does I would be a step closer to moving to XenForo.
What features are missing from XenPorta that you would need?

Vbulletin is more used than PHP-BB, that is free? Mhh...is possible to know the number of boards (or active licenses) of vbulletin?

What features are missing from XenPorta that you would need?

An article system in the homepage...like the vb cms.

I don't understand...Jaxel admin that it's mod it's not a CMS but a portal, but argue to every user that need *a cms* that "Xenporta would suffit".

Top Bottom