Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I'm not.

Votes: 89 91.8%
  • I might.

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone from SU (Socially Uncensored) attended it last year. Beyond the drink and food, they felt it was basically a waste and as others here have said, only a sales pitch to buy into other products or services (primarily advertizements for V links ... already forgot the name of the company. lol )

Why didn't you have them post pics here? We would have loved to have seen them. Get some pics from last year from them and post em :)

Well The real point of these conferences is to party with people you've talked to over the last year an call it a "business meeting!"

There has never been a big announcement, new platforms, or new hires, made at forumcon. The tech media avoids it. You can't compare it to established conventions that actually matter to people and companies.

I could go to a tech food court to see the same amount of people having the same conversations.

A MySpace convention would be abigger draw.

Read the article, please.
Sorry Carlos but I read the article. It doesn't explain why it's obvious why a forum owner would want to go. They may as well be saying "It's obvious why you want to go to the supermarket today".

I've yet to see a single piece of evidence, or hope that ForumCON is more than any other overpriced, overhyped networking event.

Without wishing to sound like an arse, it doesn't look like your own forums got much out of it.

I went to a convention in Vegas and pretty much most people skipped the business things and partied the whole time. There was plenty of unproductive networking going on, but it was fun and you make some new online "friends" . We were also comped tickets to get into anything for free, just had to get on a plane and a hotel and luckily I split it with a real friend from home and a member of a forum we were cool with

Sorry Carlos but I read the article. It doesn't explain why it's obvious why a forum owner would want to go. They may as well be saying "It's obvious why you want to go to the supermarket today".
After reading that linked "article", I know that I need to stop by the local dairy farm to pick up some milk but I still don't know why a forum owner would want or need to go to ForumCon.

@Kevin if you're on a forum regularly with fun people, it's a way to go hang with them in person and consider it "work". I've not ever gone to this convention, but definitely have gone to others. They're just fun. You could go and just Hang out with people for a few days and skip the actual convention!

Then why get tickets? I can go to Vegas, Frisco, or down to the pub, party and hang out with friends, without having to waste time and money with a lame convention.

I fail to see any value in it. Posting pictures and videos of people hangin' out, drinking an dancin' just doesn't do it for me.

I have read so much about ForumCon on different sites and I have yet to come across anyone that can really say it added value to their forum :confused:

lol @ the poll votes. Lawd.

Viglink, the event organizer of ForumCon, has laid out their ticketing information:

Super Early Bird Ticket (Limited) $75.00 $5.12
Early Bird Ticket $100.00 $6.49
Regular Ticket $150.00 $9.24
Last Minute Ticket $200.00 $11.99

VigLink is, simply put, an ad monetizing agency.

Forumcon

Convention

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 1.08.02 PM.webp

con

To deceive or trick someone

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 1.06.52 PM.webp

:whistle:

No I will not be conned into spending money on a convention organized by a monetizing agency.

I cordially invite everyone to MCM London Comic Con this weekend.

http://www.mcmcomiccon.com/london/

It has nothing to do with forums but it's probably just as useful, it's just metres away from my apartment and the attendees are a damn sight more interesting to look at :D
I'm in! And it's only about 2 miles from my house.
I can also confirm the attendees are well worth seeing, a lot of them stay at the Travelodge next to where I used to work. :)

XenForoCon - coming to east London soon - costumes compulsory!

Really does seem like a complete waste of time, for any forum owner.
If there were special announcments, prizes, or discounts/early access to products etc, then it might be
But it just seems like people are paying VigLink for the honour of allowing forum owners to talk to each other in the same meeting room, rather than online lol.

And so, the folks that manage ForumCon has tried to convince folks that the convention is worth going to. If that article isn't enough, then a video is....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom