Are IGN moving to XenForo?

Our current software is called "snowboards", or at least thats what the author, ZeroSleep, dubbed them many moons ago. You can check out an old interview he did for Big-Boards if anyone is interested.

Oh, Im Teddy, lead admin at IGN for the last 8 years. Nice to meet everyone :)
Thanks for the link and welcome to the community Teddy...I must say you look nothing like the evil homer in my mugen lineup :-)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Currently it is an old ASP.net home grown solution. We are in the process though of moving to XenForo. A public beta will be available sometime this year.
You made the right decision! Will you be adding other modifications like XFArcade or XenMedio? With XenMedio you would then be able to compete with GameTrailers user-submitted videos.

Our current software is called "snowboards", or at least thats what the author, ZeroSleep, dubbed them many moons ago. You can check out an old interview he did for Big-Boards if anyone is interested.

hi Teddy, nice i haven't visited IGN boards in nearly a decade hehe

might start visiting just for xbox360 forums hehe

You made the right decision! Will you be adding other modifications like XFArcade or XenMedio? With XenMedio you would then be able to compete with GameTrailers user-submitted videos.

Not to bump an old topic :P, but I bet they will make their own addons to insure stability and have faster fixes when they need it.

Are there plans to upgrade the old vnboards?

I'm thinking when 1.1 is gold. They're [IGN] not completely finished with coding the software yet. The infrastructure at IGN requires a subscription model.

And, to boot, they'd have import the entirity of millions of posts on the site - it IS massive. What's even worse is that the software IGN was using, it's not officially supported through the importer, so either the programmer has to import it himself with some coding, or he and Kier are working together getting the whole thing transferred over.

It's still a work in progress but this is the basic layout
2011-12-08_13-08-02.png

Mike, I am happy for IGN. The style looks fantastic :sneaky: it looks like you've disable conversation ?:unsure:

Top Bottom