Are IGN moving to XenForo?

Oh and to answer the question in the thread title...

Getting super excited; @IGN's new @XenForo boards are running on production servers. Just needs some tweaks & then it's private alpha time!

http://twitter.com/#!/mtougeron/status/118480311419023360
Oh Wow. This is two days after I posted about using Xenforo on IGN

http://www.ign.com/blogs/djfukaya/2011/09/24/black-gamer

Cool.
cool.png

ARgh, I wish they would get rid of all the blue bits, and stick with red and greys.

apart from that.. Good stuff :)

ARgh, I wish they would get rid of all the blue bits, and stick with red and greys.

I agree the blues just don't look great against the nice reds, greys and whites.

I myself would probably switch the alerts and the icon so the nav icon in breadcrumbs sits to the right. Otherwise, shaping up nicely liking the header area.

Looking very good and a helluva feather in XF's cap. The fact that a product that on paper is lacking a lot of the features of more established gets such a high profile client rivals speaks volumes imo.

Speaks volumes of both IGN for choosing it and XF as a product, which we all know about anyway :)

You can be pretty sure the blue stuff will disappear soon. Manager Josh didn’t link the source for those screenshots, but they are from Mike Tougeron’s Google+ page, with the warning “Remember, this is VERY ROUGH and an incomplete product. It will look very different by the time we get to Beta.”

Needless to say, we've been discussing this with the IGN team for quite some time now, and we are delighted with the progress they have made. I think we all benefit from having such a vast, high profile site switch to our software.

Expression Engine isn't that bad of a system, it's good for multi-site administration, it's focused more on the CMS, but doesn't have a real "full featured" forum solution. Their latest update to "2.0" didn't really bring anything new and exciting to the product (sound familiar?)

If IGN uses EE currently, I'm curious in what they saw in xenforo to make such a big switch. Maybe a bigger focus on forum features, or disappointment in where EE is going?

This. IGN changing to XenForo is quite the achievement, though. I wouldn't like to be the one in charge of the convert though, I'd imagine a custom importer will be written by their techs, then there's the bazillions of posts.. *faint*
haha, yeah, I'm starting the importer next week. It's going to a be a ... err ... <redacted> :cry:

Don't worry, right now it's a pretty vanilla XF install. We'll be tweaking styles little by little to give it a good IGN feel.

Reactions: Kim
Don't worry, right now it's a pretty vanilla XF install. We'll be tweaking styles little by little to give it a good IGN feel.

Pleased to hear it :) Don't forget to change those post icons too!

Congrats on the move, I hope you love XF as much as the rest of us do
dribble.gif

Top Bottom