Are IGN moving to XenForo?

Mike, I am happy for IGN. The style looks fantastic :sneaky: it looks like you've disable conversation ?:unsure:
No, the design just isn't final so it's not obvious where it is. Same with Search and a few other things. They are accessible, for now, under the "boards menu" button.

Dude, I'm trying to be nice. I don't think you understand.

I don't think you can see the forum as it is in beta... I think only Prime users are able to see it. As in, blocked off.

Ok, again I know the forum is in beta and that only premium (Prime) account holders can see it. I was asking where is the "link" to it as I'm not finding it.

I am on my prime/hub page and do not see anything about the beta forum. I must be missing something here..lol

Ok, again I know the forum is in beta and that only premium (Prime) account holders can see it. I was asking where is the "link" to it as I'm not finding it.
I know what you meant, bro. :)
Oh, wait--looks like it's here: http://www.ign.com/boards/
Well, that was fast. I think that's a bad idea to keep it public like that.

I thought that the board wouldn't be viewable to everyone else, but only Prime members. I was expecting to see the "you do not have permission to view this board."

The beta is viewable by everyone but only Prime members can post to it for now. That'll change after we get feedback from the Prime members; probably first week or January or so.

@ekkanh eventually the existing boards.ign.com will be on www.ign.com/boards/ That migration is happening behind the scenes right now with the historical data. Once that is done we'll start moving the live threads and start redirecting other boards.

I don't have an solid eta for when we'll be done beyond Q1 2012. We will be doing the migration in chunks so after a block of boards is migrated those boards will be redirected to the XenForo version. That way we'll be able to load test as we go and take into account user feedback. We want to make sure we do this right & that our users are happy. We have every reason to believe they will be but we'd rather be cautious and take our time instead of accidentally screwing it up.

I always thought sub-domains are cleaner than subdirectory.

To me ign.com/boards feels weird in today's marketplace.

boards.ign.com/thread-title-here looks a LOT cleaner to me.

Top Bottom