April Fools for Forums

Add to EXTRA.css:
I like this one; subtle but surprising for those who are paying attention. :D

Anybody offhand know a way of implementing something like this but based upon the users local time zone if they happen to be logged in?

In the 90s, we used to play with the website on April 1. Usually we'd post a fictitious news story. Sometimes we'd black out a landing page. Sometimes we'd really mess with people and blank out the site with a hack notice which showed for a few seconds ...

Do you have any plans this year for your members?

And no - I don't. I have to work. Guess that is the perfect April Fool's Day.

Every year the Disney forum, MiceChat, announces a name change and buys a new domain and makes a new banner for the site. Last year they changed their name to FlagChat, and their main article was about their affiliation with Six Flags and their devotion to discussing roller coasters. My favorite, though, was when they changed their name to TramChat, and announced that their main focus would be the discussion of Theme Park Trams the world over. It's my favorite because a handful of people thought it was true.

Add to EXTRA.css:

Code:
/* April fools theme */
/* Rotate avatars, smilies and thread statistics 180 degrees */
.avatarScaler img,
.avatar .img,
.avatar img,
.mceSmilie,
.listBlock.stats dd {
transform: rotate(180deg);
-webkit-transform: rotate(180deg);
-moz-transform: rotate(180deg);
-o-transform: rotate(180deg);
-ms-transform: rotate(180deg);
-khtml-transform: rotate(180deg);
}
If you are using any sprite sheets for your smiley images then add ".mceSmilieSprite," to the list (eg: after the ".mceSmilie," entry). :)

I've used that CSS and popped a few others into the mix - including Comic Sans and flipping the last reply column. Off to bed I go - my work is done. :LOL:

I always try to incorporate Rick Roll.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

From the sites I've been flicking around this morning, seems the most popular April Fools is announcing that the site is for sale/gone into liquidation or been sold.

Top Bottom