XF 2.1 Apple Music Embed

slothly

The current embed design for a track on Apple Music currently looks like an unfurled url card. Here's an example:

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 12.27.40 AM.webp

But the official Apple Music embed for a track looks like this:
Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 12.28.38 AM.webp

Which is a nicer layout and more interactive. Is there any way to update the embed?

Here are some links with more information on Apple Music embed API that may be helpful:

Maybe see if @JoshyPHP can add it to his addon??

Bumping this to see if it's possible to change the apple music embed/
Disable the default media bb code and add your own with the configuration you want.
Turns out that the XF2 default code can already do what the OP wants. ;) The problem is that Apple has changed their URLs so now itunes.apple.com redirects to music.apple.com as part of the iTunes unbundling.

Slothly, if you temporarily switch your site to turn on debug mode then go into {YOUR XF INSTALL}/admin.php?bb-code-media-sites/applemusic/edit and add music.apple.com/{$id} to the list of 'Match URLs' then it should give you what you're after. Turn off debug mode again after and then tag one of the guys (Chris/Mike/Kier) about making the change for the next release (if they haven't already done it).

URL: https://music.apple.com/us/album/antisocial/1464549183?i=1464549858
Result
1565912378636.webp

Turns out that the XF2 default code can already do what the OP wants. ;) The problem is that Apple has changed their URLs so now itunes.apple.com redirects to music.apple.com as part of the iTunes unbundling.

Slothly, if you temporarily switch your site to turn on debug mode then go into {YOUR XF INSTALL}/admin.php?bb-code-media-sites/applemusic/edit and add music.apple.com/{$id} to the list of 'Match URLs' then it should give you what you're after. Turn off debug mode again after and then tag one of the guys (Chris/Mike/Kier) about making the change for the next release (if they haven't already done it).

URL: https://music.apple.com/us/album/antisocial/1464549183?i=1464549858
Result
View attachment 208481
I enabled debug mode but the 'Match URLs' area was still grayed out? I couldn't add anything

So I tried making a new BBcode instead and that didn't work either, nothing loaded

Thinking out loud, you may need to enable dev' mode.
Code:
$config['debug'] = true;                                                                                              
$config['development']['enabled'] = true;
This did the trick! Thanks for all of your help :)

A bit unrelated but the new apple music embed reminded me of a consistent bug that I've been encountering on mobile. I've noticed this with other embeds before in the past too, particularly on instagram. In the case of the new apple music embed, sometimes whenever a playlist / album is posted with a really long song title, it'll break out of the viewport on mobile and overlap outside the post making everything weird and difficult to scroll. This happens a lot too whenever someone posts an instagram embed and the caption has a really long word or some kind of link that won't truncate. Has anyone encountered this before? Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'll probably post a separate thread addressing this issue eventually, just something I've noticed

No problem; don't forget to turn off the settings again on your live site.

Is there a particular example you can give that shows it in action? If it can be duplicated then it should be fixable.

Posting this album shows the full embed with the tracklisting, which looks great on desktop:
cc895a9fb8.png

However on mobile...
jKOVocv.jpg

You can see that the embed has become too wide for the mobile viewport and breaks out of the post due to the long track titles

Top Bottom