Apple Fall Event - iPhone 8, iPhone 7S and Watch 3

Steve F

The Apple fall event is scheduled for Sept 12th and news suggest there will be an announcement on a new design of iPhone. Naming isn't confirmed as yet it could be iPhone 8 or iPhone Edition since this is the 10th anniversary of the iPhone. Along side that is the iPhone 7S and a possible Watch 3.

I'll be holding off until the 2nd revision of the new iPhone design for sure, one reason being you'll likely not be able to touch one until Q1 2018 and I'm quite happy with my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11 Beta 4.

Some proposed images on the new design (courtesy of macrumors):
iphone-8-render-7-and-7s-800x525.jpg

Will be interesting to see the exact specs and design of all the products planned for the 12th.

Last edited:
Your image is broken, as are the images for the top forum comments in the home page articles 99% of the time. I wish they'd fix that.

I'd love to get a 5.5"+ screen in a form factor similar to the current 7. I have a feeling it will be over £1k for the mid range model here though, which is crazy.

However I'm the type of person who is easily spending 50% of my general daily screen time on my mobile these days, it's quickly becoming as, if not more important than my laptop much of the time. Hence I'm sure I'll end up trying to justify it somehow 🙈

Should be fixed now.

It does seem the viewing area on the next iPhone is similar to the Plus series though of course we'll need to wait for the true details. I too spend a large part of my time during the day on my phone and one of the reason I chose the Plus the last time around. I tend to view wiring schematics and things for my work so every little bit helps me there as I get older my eyes are fading fast. :p

I'll be looking forward to seeing what's new. I could barely afford my 7+ though, so it's unlikely I'll be getting the next one any time soon ;)

Liam

The Apple fall event is scheduled for Sept 12th and news suggest there will be an announcement on a new design of iPhone. Naming isn't confirmed as yet it could be iPhone 8 or iPhone Edition since this is the 10th anniversary of the iPhone. Along side that is the iPhone 7S and a possible Watch 3.

I'll be holding off until the 2nd revision of the new iPhone design for sure, one reason being you'll likely not be able to touch one until Q1 2018 and I'm quite happy with my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11 Beta 4.

Some proposed images on the new design (courtesy of macrumors):
iphone-8-render-7-and-7s-800x525.jpg

Will be interesting to see the exact specs and design of all the products planned for the 12th.
Steve I'm surprised you're not running iOS 11 Beta 9

Rumor has it the new iPhone is going to be lacking TouchID and favoring FaceID which is really disappointing IMO. But we'll see within the hour or so if that's true. I definitely won't be upgrading this year regardless, really happy with my iPhone 7+ :)

There were some scary reports of touch ID being moved to the back, that'd be worse.

If they've dropped it completely then it means they have faith that Face ID is an appropriate replacement... we'll see.

There were some scary reports of touch ID being moved to the back, that'd be worse.

That's what the Pixel and Nexus do, idk just seems inconvenient to me.

They're showing the iPhone 8 currently, but haven't gotten to the OLED edge to edge display that is supposed to be the bigger update For the X/Pro/whatever they're going to call it

If they've dropped it completely then it means they have faith that Face ID is an appropriate replacement... we'll see.
Thats one of the biggest issues i have with the S8+ , especially now i have the case fitted as well which flips around to the back.

Top Bottom