Apple Fall Event - iPhone 8, iPhone 7S and Watch 3

Lol, yep. They're losing creativity it seems. New MacOS they announced months ago is High Sierra lol.

And iPhone X (10) confirmed without TouchID :(

Best sign is that Craig Federighi couldn't get FaceID to work on the keynote demo and had to enter the password :cautious:
He didn't have to enter a password, you realise the same thing happens with TouchID as well. If it's been locked for a very long time, you have to enter your passcode to re-enable TouchID, same with if you reboot.

Fillip

He didn't have to enter a password, you realise the same thing happens with TouchID as well. If it's been locked for a very long time, you have to enter your passcode to re-enable TouchID, same with if you reboot.

I was referring to the 6 digit code not the iTunes password. You'd think when they're displaying how much better FaceID is than TouchID they'd make sure it actually works when they demo it

New MacOS they announced months ago is High Sierra lol.
It's been like that for years. Leopard was followed by Snow Leopard, Lion followed by Mountain Lion, etc.

Not convinced with Face ID, can't picture myself trying to pay with Apple Pay at a shop and waving my phone in my face. Bummer that they've got rid of Touch ID. :(

No touch ID at all, the face ID tech seems reasonable and the lack of a home button doesn't seem to be particularly problematic.

I've seen issues with the S8 in terms of having to swipe up to hit home/back etc. and I've watched people struggle with it.

The gestures on the iPhone X seem reasonable.

Not that I care. I'm not buying one.

I'm not buying one.

I am NOT buying one.

I'm not going to buy one...

******* it, when's it release?

Tad larger screen size than the 8 plus but in a smaller chassis, yes please :)

Likely will wait though until the mad rush is over but we'll see what kind of marketing AT&T before I say anymore. ;)

Yeah... that price. Not sure. Not such a surprise as that’s what the rumour was. I’m sure that’s going to translate to over £1000 worth of phone.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bahahahaha :X3:

It doesn't work, yet I'm still going to let myself get robbed and will likely buy the *eyes start welling up with water* £1,149 version...oh god that's expensive.

Anyone want to buy a spare XF licence? Lightly used, great condition. I hear it's about to get upgraded to some fancy new version here soon too.

Yeah... that price. Not sure. Not such a surprise as that’s what the rumour was. I’m sure that’s going to translate to over £1000 worth of phone.

I think the most disappointing thing is that if I was upgrading to it they'd make me pay an additional $40 on top of that $1k to be able to plug it into my MacBook Pro to charge it that way :cautious:

There were some scary reports of touch ID being moved to the back, that'd be worse.

If they've dropped it completely then it means they have faith that Face ID is an appropriate replacement... we'll see.
It was supposed to happen got canceled last minute.

I think what they probably wanted to do was touch ID inside the glass, but couldn't.

I don't think they ever seriously considered touch ID at the back. Just seems like a really unintuitive position IMO.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bahahahaha :X3:

It doesn't work, yet I'm still going to let myself get robbed and will likely buy the *eyes start welling up with water* £1,149version...oh god that's expensive.

Anyone want to buy a spare XF licence? Lightly used, great condition. I hear it's about to get upgraded to some fancy new version here soon too.
FWIW, it wasn't enabled and required the passcode to enable it. Same happens with current iPhones if you don't use Touch ID for a few hours or you use the incorrect finger 5 (?) times.

I'm sure people will laugh at it. Just like we all laughed that time Bill Gates was on stage showing Windows 98 and had a blue screen of death. But being realistic, teething problems are teething problems and it looks to me like NixFifty mentioned above that it was most likely just that the demo kit hadn't been set up properly - maybe the device had been rebooted or something.

Top Bottom