APC Upgrade?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

I tried to upgrade APC using Putty and I get this, did it upgrade right?

apc.webp

In short, no. The configure script didn't even finish running.

It looks like /var/tmp was mounted with the 'noexec' option. As a kludge, you can remount it with the 'exec' option, perform the upgrade, and then change it back to 'noexec' once done.

Dont know what i'm doing....:confused:

How would I do that exec then upgrade then noexec?

Assuming that is the problem, in your case, you can change it by using:

mount -o,remount,rw,exec /var/tmp

and to change it back, once done with the install:

mount -o,remount,rw,noexec /var/tmp

I get this when typing that in.

mount: can't find /root/tmp in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

got it working when it asked these 2 questions what should I pick, no to them both?

Enable per request file info about files used fromt he APC cache?
Enable spin locks [EXPERIMENTAL]?

Thanks a lot its upgraded, one last thing at the bottom after its upgraded it says this.... How do I run the make test?

Build complete.
Don't forget to run 'make test'.

These two questions it asks on upgrading how can I tell what I picked as I cant remember if I put yes or no?

Enable per request file info about files used fromt he APC cache?
Enable spin locks [EXPERIMENTAL]?

Generally, the safest way is to stick with the default settings provided by the configure script.

Features marked as EXPERIMENTAL should normally not be enabled in a production environment unless you exactly know what you are doing and are aware of possible consequences.

To figure out which configuration options were set execute a phpinfo();. Scroll down to the APC section and check what Locking type tells you. By default it is something like thread / mutex locks and if it doesn't mention the spin locks, they are most likely not enabled.

Note that this is from memory - cannot verify this on a live server at the moment since I prefer eAccelerator over APC.

Top Bottom