Anyone using a gravatar on this site?

Dean

in memoriam
Please post up if you do, I am curious how the url to avatar picture in peoples profile shows up when 'right click / view image' is selected.

I am trying to ascertain how to determine if anyone on our site is using a gravatar when we start using xf.

?

yep, i am

So you are! Gravatar shows up just fine!

Code:
http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/2b77cf551c31bbe68123a6baadf15e5c.jpg?s=192&d=http%3A%2F%2Fxenforo.com%2Fcommunity%2Fstyles%2Fdefault%2Fxenforo%2Favatars%2Favatar_male_l.png

I thought several were using gravatar, but every time I checked the url is showed an attachment on xf.com so I was not clear. Thought perhaps the image was reloaded onto xf.com and then replaced every time, maybe?

Anyway, thanks for your post!

Current stats: 557 uploaded avatars, 141 Gravatars, 599 users with neither.
Thanks!

fyi - I'm not sure why but there seems to be a lag when loading avatars from xf.com (not the gravatars), I can see them loading after the rest of the page has loaded. Perhaps my connection is poor.

edit: KURTZs avatar below took about 1/2 second to load for example.

Please post up if you do, I am curious how the url to avatar picture in peoples profile shows up when 'right click / view image' is selected.

I am trying to ascertain how to determine if anyone on our site is using a gravatar when we start using xf.

?
not right now, but i've my account ready to kill! :p

but i've a question about the avatars: if i change/use the gravatar, how i can restore the FB's avatar automatically? i can't see any option in the UCP ... :rolleyes:

Current stats: 557 uploaded avatars, 141 Gravatars, 599 users with neither.

If you upload an avatar, and then later replace it with a gravatar. The member/id/ still shows the old avatar.
So from the stats you mentioned, does that include users currently using an avatar or gravatar? Excluding users who had an avatar and therefor have one in the db?

I thought there was a requirement in using FB avatar?
if you registered by FB you have by default the FB's avatar, so i'm wondering about this: now if i change my FB's avatar with a gravatar, how i can go back and restore my previous avatar from FB?

guys, what about FB's avatar?

That would count as an uploaded Avatar I think as it is saved locally and then I believe they said they check for updates every X days/hours... can't remember... FB don't have the same weird rules that Gravatar do.

I was but then I changed it to a custom one...

Top Bottom