Anyone use XenFocus Skin?

jfp77

I am a newbie here and somehow managed to install XF (yay!). But I am having the hardest time with the skin I purchased from XenFocus. I have emailed left forum posts and havent heard back yet. So I thought I'd check here too. I followed their instructions, but then goofed up by accidentally deleting the default style in the appearances section. So I reinstalled the default style via ftp & the xml file in the styles area. Then I re-uploaded the XenFocus skin folder and xml file still nothing. I cannot figure out why this is happening but its driving me nuts! I'd love some help if possible... :)
Jess

You can't actually restore the default style via FTP, as such...

The correct way to restore the default style is much more simple:

Go to your Admin CP > Appearance > Styles > Create New Style

If you select "No Parent" then it will create the Style from the special "Master Style" (that you can't see).

Call this whatever you like and delete any other styles, and you should be back to where you started.

Then if you describe the process you're following to install the new XenFocus skin we can hopefully work out what went wrong :)

you do know this is a fake user? similar child avatar picture, like was used in an Off Topic thread just the other week.. and the person never came back and replied lol. not to mention, it's posted in wrong section haha

you do know this is a fake user? similar child avatar picture, like was used in an Off Topic thread just the other week.. and the person never came back and replied lol. not to mention, it's posted in wrong section haha
I was just going to say something similar. Kind of strange, and odd.

Going to go ahead and report...

Reactions: vVv
yeah.. i don't think they've done anything to that previous "fake user" either.. >_> ...

was going to reply with this in your locked thread.. dang the lockings!! :(

I know my first post wasn't really "nice" per se, but I don't blame John though. He was stuck between rock and hard place, and took his only exit route, even though it sucks. :( John does great, amazing work no doubt... But if the software has "unknown future", his business can't continue to run/rely/depend on the "unknowns". Maybe, hopefully, some day once the dust settles around here, he'll be back full force again doing XenForo skins and etc. :)

Whoa whoa now. I am NOT a fake user. I am actually a little insulted that you would say so. Just because I can't respond to a thread fast enough. I do in fact have children that go to school, need rides, and I have errands to run and groceries to buy. I run a tiny little forum MYSELF and I just switched from VB to XF. I am not a computer tech person and I try to get help where I can. If you want to talk to a fake person, private message me and I'll give you my cell phone number here in Sacramento. You can even look up my photography website and blog and fanpage on fb to know that I'm real. WOW.

--- Back to the topic, now that I am back from grocery shopping.---

Okay, so I restored the default style the way that was suggested. Then I tried doing the import again with the skin and it still didnt work. I am thinking maybe I just need to reinstall the entire XF all over again and start from scratch. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom