Anyone use XenFocus Skin?

jfp77

I am a newbie here and somehow managed to install XF (yay!). But I am having the hardest time with the skin I purchased from XenFocus. I have emailed left forum posts and havent heard back yet. So I thought I'd check here too. I followed their instructions, but then goofed up by accidentally deleting the default style in the appearances section. So I reinstalled the default style via ftp & the xml file in the styles area. Then I re-uploaded the XenFocus skin folder and xml file still nothing. I cannot figure out why this is happening but its driving me nuts! I'd love some help if possible... :)
Jess

um, it wasn't attacking you.. it was just mere observation / first thought... cause of avatar of child was used before -by a bot. lol. i said above there, linking to your previous posts/threads.. and said about you being real person. anyway, sorry for any insults and such. :( cute son! :) get anything good at groceries? :) haha.

jfp77 and Xenstyles.com sure were kissy kissy over here.
jfp77 said SHE purchased Xenforo on Nov 6, 2012.

Just had to comment on this. Yep I did purchase it. And I was VERY appreciative of Xenstyles for offering to help since I really dont know what I am doing and I have no one to help me with this. I am kind and say thank you a lot for anyone that helps.

Reactions: vVv
um, it wasn't attacking you.. it was just mere observation / first thought... cause of avatar of child was used before -by a bot. lol. i said above there, linking to your previous posts/threads.. and said about you being real person. anyway, sorry for any insults and such. :( cute son! :) get anything good at groceries? :) haha.

I appreciate you writing back. I have never had anyone call me a bot before and doubt me as a real person. Probably bc the forums I have been in don't usually have bots since they are all paid forums. I got a little shaky there and tried not to be upset. Anyway, past is past. Yes, got a full car of groceries and supplies for our new home.

So any thoughts on this topic? Should I re-install XF on my server to start new again. To see if its user error? Most likely it is...lol

Reactions: vVv
I did exactly what you said. So I have the default one now. And then I imported the xml iskin file. So now I have two. But the skin looks like its not all there. There is no background file that was in the skin demo, no logo from the skin demo. A bunch of the graphics are missing (they have the weird placeholder square thing). I am wondering if this has to do with the server side of things?

It sounds like the files are missing from your server which means you've either not uploaded them or put them in the wrong place.

What were the instructions for installing and what exactly did you do to upload the files? Where did you upload them, etc?

This is the "readme" file for the skin:

Along with this read me file, there will also be an .xml file and a folder named after your skin. To install this skin, import the .xml file into your admin cpanel under the "Appearance" tab. Using an FTP program, upload the skin folder into the /styles/ folder in your XenForo installation.
So I did everything it asked. Maybe I used my FTP program wrong? I uploaded using FTP into the styles folder. Which later I learned wasn't the right folder, so I moved it. Now in my file manager it shows it being there...but the skin still doesnt work. I don't know if there are certain rules to using FTP once connected, could that be my problem?
The instructions are so simple, I don't understand how this could be so messed up!

well, asked cause some times if you uploaded the IMAGES/image files in ASCII mode.. they don't display properly or wonky lol. they might be uploaded, but if not uploaded in Binary mode.. they'll have display issues.

It sounds like the files are missing from your server which means you've either not uploaded them or put them in the wrong place.

What were the instructions for installing and what exactly did you do to upload the files? Where did you upload them, etc?

Finally figured it out!! I had to reinstall the entire XF on my server. Then did the skin. I am exhausted from all this lol! I am a creative person, so this computer lingo/program stuff is hard for me. Thanks guys!

Finally figured it out!! I had to reinstall the entire XF on my server. Then did the skin. I am exhausted from all this lol! I am a creative person, so this computer lingo/program stuff is hard for me. Thanks guys!

glad to hear it's resolved and working.. :)

Top Bottom