Anyone planning on getting an iPhone 4S? (was iPhone 5)

No:p

I'm very happy with my samsung s2...

and can't wait for the next
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I will also tell you this peggy...if your left handed....you are going to hate the 4...you will lose about 50% of your calls and someone at their company will just tell you that you don't know how to use your phone (you have a death grip) and that it has nothing to do with bad design.

I dislike sheep, especially when they spout misinformation.
I also dislike sheep (the human kind), but my choice in using Apple and iOS is made after evaluating the options and now fee very comfortable with it. So many in the Android-campus thinks we follow Apple in everything, but there is a free will and we just simply choose to use another platform than you. Deal with it.

The feeling that quite a lot of Android-users are angry hits me from time to time. Why? They seldom toute Android's own positive things, but rather pour out negativity towards a platform they don't even use themselves. It's beyond me.

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering.

I also dislike sheep (the human kind), but my choice in using Apple and iOS is made after evaluating the options and now fee very comfortable with it. So many in the Android-campus thinks we follow Apple in everything, but there is a free will and we just simply choose to use another platform than you. Deal with it.

The feeling that quite a lot of Android-users are angry hits me from time to time. Why? They seldom toute Android's own positive things, but rather pour out negativity towards a platform they don't even use themselves. It's beyond me.

I'm not calling the majority of people sheep here, I'm just saying a lot of Apple fans are sheep.

When I see people argue that Apple products are better, the majority of the time I see them unable to state a specific reason why. It isn't the hardware, as Android and even WP7 have better hardware. Software? I'll give you that some bits on iOS are smoother, and there is some ease of use, but in other things there are just so many oversights in basic usability (Notifications till now for example).

I feel no anger towards Apple, other than their business practices of late. And you might be confusing anger for frustration. I see people saying Apple was the first smartphone, or that they did this or that first, when in fact Nokia, Blackberry, HTC, LG, Samsung and overseas companies were doing things long before they did. Yes, they did innovate a minor bit, but that was only after copying someone else.

Android has its quirks, most of which are due to manufacturers not thinking of proper builds for their phone (Motorola Droid for example sucked when it came out, and still has issues). Then there are the carriers that pile their proprietary crap, or manufacturers putting on unoptimized skins. There are battery issues (Not as many with the newer releases), and there are a few oversights. However, comparing the speed at which changes hit Android phones compared to Apple, you can honestly see which will come out on top.

Can you say you're happy with the iOS5 feature set? Other than Siri, everything I've seen is underwhelming, and doesn't hold a candle to features coming in ICS. Even the upgrades to iPhone 4S are underwhelming, as the specs are a year out of date.

As for Android-supporters not pointing out positive things about Android... Most of the time the things they point out as negative on iPhone, that is the positive on Android.

I honestly don't care what anyone chooses as their phone of choice. I only support Android because I prefer freedom of choice, and dislike companies that lock you in for things you paid to own.

:ROFLMAO: Only if your crazy enough to purchase the new iphone a5 (with the apple emblem which is an optional extra 300 ruppees) with super duper artificial intelligence. Yeah, I agree when i had my 3gs/iphone 4 I certainly did that. suffered.

the-borg.webp

My understanding from Apple PR is that 4G is presently not feasible because the battery life would be compromised.
Actually it was that Apple refused to compromise and give customers the ability to replace the internal battery and install a third party high capacity battery or any other compromise - Apple must make 100% of every dollar for the sale (and service) of internal batteries. It's unfortunate but that's Apple for you and why I got rid of my 3GS. The Bionic has a great battery and I'm satisfied with my very long lasting extended battery for my 4G Thunderbolt.

Who cares - you like Apple, buy Apple, if you don't buy something else, otherwise why try & ***** and moan over something that you don't use or don't like.

Actually it was that Apple refused to compromise and give customers the ability to replace the internal battery and install a third party high capacity battery or any other compromise - Apple must make 100% of every dollar for the sale (and service) of internal batteries. It's unfortunate but that's Apple for you and why I got rid of my 3GS. The Bionic has a great battery and I'm satisfied with my very long lasting extended battery for my 4G Thunderbolt.

What is your standby and talk time for both the Bionic and Thunderbolt?

What is your standby and talk time for both the Bionic and Thunderbolt?
I don't know. The Thunderbolt was a test phone thrown out by HTC, notorious for making great phones with puny batteries. I use my phone heavily and have yet to have a day where I worried about the remaining power using the extended battery, even with 4G. Talk time is forever and even with the extended battery, phone fits in pocket although a tad heavy. 4G can be turned off to save battery life if that is a concern. My brother is getting a Bionic but that has a dual core processor. Using rooting or scaling down processor use will prolong life. Will give you numbers when I have them.

I have an iPhone 4. I will wait for the 5. :rolleyes:
I have the iPhone 3Gs. I'm honestly not even remotely interested in the 5. I wanted the 5 to be released only so they would put the 4 on sale, like they put the 3Gs on sale when 4 was released.

But what I really, really, want is the iOS5. I saw that it should be available on the 12th (or was that the 17th?).
With that, I can tether my iPad to my iPhone, and get rid of the extra data plan I have to have to use my iPad on the go.

Can you say you're happy with the iOS5 feature set? Other than Siri, everything I've seen is underwhelming, and doesn't hold a candle to features coming in ICS.
+1. Google spent a HUGE amount of developer resources and work effort to make ICS match the iPhone release date. ICS will probably crush iOS5 like a hammer crushes an egg. Hell, even the current Gingerbread 2.3.5 makes my phone dance like there is no tomorrow. Imagine what ICS will do, can't wait to have it installed. :)

Breaking: Steve Jobs has passed away. :(http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/
WOW, that is sad indeed. He was a very intelligent person, next to Bill and others.
Confirmed by ABC

I agree.

I read this in a tribute to Steve Jobs by Prez. Obama -

“The world has lost a visionary,” Obama said. “And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented.”

Top Bottom