Anyone planning on getting an iPhone 4S? (was iPhone 5)

Wow, a java error occurred, my post was submitted 3 times.
Edit: Kier fix it in less than 10 seconds, hehe. Talk about speedy fixes in XenForo... not bad for an imitator. :D

So...the iPhone 4S is essentially a minor update to the iOS software? I don't understand why an event was needed this? If I had an iPhone I would be pissed, but I don't so I continue my wait for the Prime.

So...the iPhone 4S is essentially a minor update to the iOS software? I don't understand why an event was needed this? If I had an iPhone I would be pissed, but I don't so I continue my wait for the Prime.
After 1 year and half of wait, Apple had minor upgrades to hardware with technology older than 1 year compared to other manufacturers. They did pretty much what HP did with their Palm Pre 3, in short a FAIL. They also released iOS5 with "new" features that were present in Android for years. Talk about innovation, heh. The conference and stock drop reflected perfectly what people thought about it, there were almost no cheers and the Apple share dropped by 5%.

The best part was when the new CEO said: "I love Apple!"... nobody cheered, heh. Dead silence. "iOS is world's most advanced operating system." I'm still laughing...

You should accept the reality that Apple is not a leader into mobile market anymore.
You can talk for hours about innovation, it will just not hold. It is not the first time Apple "steals" ideas from others and make them their own. ..... instead accepting the reality that Apple is not a mobile leader and there are other companies that make much better mobile products.

Other companies are making superior phones but ...
Apple is making superior money !
Android will likely dominate Apple over a 2 year time frame, but in the mean time, Apple will make mad money.

Let's not forget the original iPhone was absolute genius.
The instant you used one the first time, you knew you liked it.
It was a breakthrough device, a game changer.

Apple clearly isn't making huge changes to their wildly successful iphone.
They add a new feature or two, put in a slightly faster processor ... and give it a new version number.
And people come running for the new device.
Apple isn't innovating ... because they DON"T have to.
Their highly profitable devices are super popular. Apple would be a insane to mess with their gravy train.

Other companies are making superior phones but ...
Apple is making superior money !
Android will likely dominate Apple over a 2 year time frame, but in the mean time, Apple will make mad money.

Let's not forget the original iPhone was absolute genius.
The instant you used one the first time, you knew you liked it.
It was a breakthrough device, a game changer.

Apple clearly isn't making huge changes to their wildly successful iphone.
They add a new feature or two, put in a slightly faster processor ... and give it a new version number.
And people come running for the new device.
Apple isn't innovating ... because they DON"T have to.
Their highly profitable devices are super popular. Apple would be a insane to mess with their gravy train.
Samsung makes the Apple iPad CPU's, there it goes your theory. :D
What is so genius about iPhone? I was watching the Let's Talk event about the "amazing and new" Siri dictation capability. That is a really hot technology, I was really impressed... wait, I think I have this in my Android phone since forever?

6212803860_8efef05c22.jpg
6212289349_4d6a3c876d.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to say "comma" after the Hello word... :D

Every single new feature present in iOS5 has been out for a long time in Android (except the new useless Cards app).
I think Google should sue Apple for stealing their ideas.

Samsung makes the Apple iPad CPU's, there it goes your theory. :D
What is so genius about iPhone? I was watching the Let's Talk event about the "amazing and new" Siri dictation capability. That is a really hot technology, I was really impressed... wait, I think I have this in my Android phone since forever?
Indeed...something I use frequently when I'm driving...and it works VERY well for me :)

Floren:

Q1) What is so genius about iPhone?
Q2) Samsung makes the Apple iPad CPU's, there it goes your theory.
Q3) Every single new feature present in iOS5 has been out for a long time in Android

A1) I said the original iphone. Iphone#1. June 29, 2007. Android wasn't born yet (first device was HTC Dream, released on 22 October 2008). When you compared the iPhone with a Windows Mobile 6.5 device, the iPhone was a breakout device - a game changer.
A2) You are missing my point. I criticize Apple's lame upgrades (ie. iPhone4 - 4S), but I know why they are doing it. They are making gobs and gobs of money.
A3) Agreed.

Apple announced the iPhone 4S.[3] The iPhone 4S added a higher resolution camera (8 Megapixel) with 1080p video recording, face detection, and video stabilization, a faster, dual core processor, world phone capability (allowing a single handset to operate on networks based on both GSM/UMTS and CDMA technologies), and a natural language voice control system called Siri.[4] It will be available in 16 GB and 32 GB as well as a new 64 GB capacity. It was also announced that in the U.S. Sprint would begin carrying the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S.
source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

Note: I'm ditching my iPhone 4 (use for 2 months) for an Android :)

A1) I said the original iphone. Iphone#1. June 29, 2007.
Everyone knows that Apple stole the iPhone idea from Sony, nothing original about that. They also stole many other concepts, the worst being stealing the FreeBSD platform and turn it into an Apple closed software. They paid the developers cash and supported the FreeBSD platform financially so they would close mouths this way.

Everyone knows that Apple stole the iPhone idea from Sony, nothing original about that. They also stole many other concepts, the worst being stealing the FreeBSD platform and turn it into an Apple closed software. They paid the developers cash and supported the FreeBSD platform financially so they would close mouths this way.
Everyone knows there are aliens at Area 51, black UN helicopters, a global shadow government and a conspiracy to cover up the existence of dinosaurs in the Brazilian rain forest.:eek:

Talking about aliens, have you watched Ancient Aliens on Netflix? Simply amazing.
That show is pretty epic... going by some things said on that show and the preponderance of large scale ancient construction sites along high telluric energy lines...I was able to find this in an area where most people would never think to look...thanks Mr. Tsoukalos.

I figured it would be ok since I snapped them from google earth with my iphone..sorry for the off topic but it fit so well. Notice where the compass is in relation to the image
photo 1.webp
photo 2.webp
photo 3.webp

Top Bottom