Anyone planning on getting an iPhone 4S? (was iPhone 5)

I *cannot* believe I wasted 2 hours watching 90 minute video (several hiccups/crashes).. but I did learn a few things.

I do realize that the iPhone is a bit of a disappointment, on the other hand I can see where they are going with the marketing concept of several iDevices sharing cloud content.

What I am unclear on, is the reference to 4G speeds, but not 4G?

Apple - Introducing iPhone 4S
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
iCloud could be interesting.

Yeah i was disappointed. I have the 3Gs and im sure it'll be a decent upgrade for me but I feel like I'm stuck in this Xs loop of upgrading. Basically means i upgrade and then 8 months later a better phone comes out and doing a good job of making me feel ripped off like I did with the iphone 4. The fact that the screen is still smaller than the others and it weighing more seriously P's me off.

4G is being implemented here in tokyo so if i upgrade to the 4s it'll be another 2 years until i can use it (because of a new 2 year contract). That's just crap. If apple keep this up im jumping ship. The thing that worries me about all of this cloud stuff is that the battery hasn't really been improved either, so if you constantly sync to the cloud you are going to see your battery constantly die if you use 3g.

As for the camera, I dont really care too much as I have my x100 with me at all times and its hardly like the two compete.

Seems like the galaxy s3 comes out in May, so I'm gonna suffer with my 3gs until then or wait until the iphone 5 gets announced so I can get off this bloody Xs half-arsed phones.

Yeah i was disappointed. I have the 3Gs and im sure it'll be a decent upgrade for me but I feel like I'm stuck in this Xs loop of upgrading. Basically means i upgrade and then 8 months later a better phone comes out and doing a good job of making me feel ripped off like I did with the iphone 4. The fact that the screen is still smaller than the others and it weighing more seriously P's me off.

4G is being implemented here in tokyo so if i upgrade to the 4s it'll be another 2 years until i can use it (because of a new 2 year contract). That's just crap. If apple keep this up im jumping ship. The thing that worries me about all of this cloud stuff is that the battery hasn't really been improved either, so if you constantly sync to the cloud you are going to see your battery constantly die if you use 3g.

As for the camera, I dont really care too much as I have my x100 with me at all times and its hardly like the two compete.

Seems like the galaxy s3 comes out in May, so I'm gonna suffer with my 3gs until then or wait until the iphone 5 gets announced so I can get off this bloody Xs half-arsed phones.
The iPhone 4S will not have 4G from what I've heard.

The iPhone 4S will not have 4G from what I've heard.
I think that's what he is getting at...they are setting up the 4g networks there but if he buys the 4s he will be locked into the contract for two years before he can get a phone that can utilize a faster network.

I *cannot* believe I wasted 2 hours watching 90 minute video (several hiccups/crashes).. but I did learn a few things.

I do realize that the iPhone is a bit of a disappointment, on the other hand I can see where they are going with the marketing concept of several iDevices sharing cloud content.

What I am unclear on, is the reference to 4G speeds, but not 4G?

True 4G is LTE or WiMAX. There really isn't much support for it in most urban marketplaces.

Strangely enough, given my posts, I have never owned an Apple device and in fact use an Android X. It serves me as a phone, camera, calculator, and wi-fi router.

I think that's what he is getting at...they are setting up the 4g networks there but if he buys the 4s he will be locked into the contract for two years before he can get a phone that can utilize a faster network.
Exactly!

While I like the look of Android phone stuff there is a layer of overly techy (almost nerdy, 'I know this stuff and you don't') stuff that fogs what it can do and holds me away from it.

For example, if you are like me, an iphone guy thinking of switching to another phone like Android I just do a little browsing and I see terms like 'Ice cream Sandwich' and 'Gingerbread' -it just confuses matters and from a marketing perspective isn't exactly smart. iOS is a simple term, easy to understand and easy to find out the differences when a new one appears.

Due to Android being a consortium of types I feel like I dont know who is behind it and why its web page looks so damn cheap! http://www.android.com/ I feel like someone needs to grab the company by the horns and push it in a certain direction and make it clear for people of all ages and backgrounds to understand where the hell they are going with it. Give it a face for us all to like.

Wait, Apple will come with some sort of "amazing" Car Home also, soon. :ROFLMAO:
Take that Apple Siri, your "new" technology has been used by others WAY before you:

6135317748_63a2b6ce72.jpg
6134891376_d095bd6d34.jpg

6136436966_f4e5169d81.jpg
6136437068_82304a9fb1.jpg

6136507476_8c45164d97.jpg
6136507394_ca1821b4a2.jpg
The iPhone has been able to do his for years too.

Try this:

"Will I need a jacket in Boston next week?"

How does your Android answer? The new iPhone will answer this question.

Let's say you're traveling ad get done early, "rebook my return flight for 1 pm".

My current iPhone can already "Call wife" or "Play Led Zeppelin". It already has Google Talk. It had these features before the Android.

To say Android has this already is would be like someone who has just seen a zero emission, electric car saying, "My car is already environmentally friendly", because he uses E-86 gas and has the california emissions package. Its true, but it completely misses the point.

Let's say you're traveling ad get done early, "rebook my return flight for 1 pm".

Are all airlines signed up for this service?

We already established a few pages back that its only limited resturants that use the open table feature.

All well and good the software apparently being able to to all these things, not so good if no-ones signed upto it!

"Will I need a jacket in Boston next week?"
Answer: "Yes, we can also send you 2 sexy assistants to keep you company while visiting from Montreal. Would you like to book a flight or use the personal Google jet?" iPhone fails one more time. :D

Now seriously talking, how many times you used your iPhone to see if you need a jacket in Boston? This is just ridiculous, don't tell me that you use Siri to book a flight or do the rest of your life with it, trusting blindly Apple. In other words, you use a voice service instead of Google-ing in your computer to see the best flight deals and check the weather for a week in advance for example.

Those are useless features that nobody uses on a phone and if you argue with me, I win again.
Maybe you will understand that Android develops ONLY useful features, not something nobody in Earth will ever utilize. A quick example would be the free Google GPS navigation.

Maybe you will understand that Android develops ONLY useful features, not something nobody in Earth will ever utilize. A quick example would be the free Google GPS navigation.
I had to chuckle when I read this, the only reason it's "free" is Google already had all the data with their map systems. It's far from "free" it all gets paid for everytime someone clicks on an ad, or buys a phone that licenses the Android OS.

I've owned both phones, and currently own an android, I think their both great devices. The utter insanity of the phone fanboy arguments are no better than the Mac vs. PC one, and equally as worthless. It just stems from the internet ego that must win.

Everyone knows there are aliens at Area 51, black UN helicopters, a global shadow government and a conspiracy to cover up the existence of dinosaurs in the Brazilian rain forest.:eek:
The aliens were actually moved to Area 13 since Area 51 was attracting too much media attention, plus the nuclear testing at Area 13 helps to cover up the radiation signatures of the ships housed there. ;)

T-Mobile.NL announced in a blog they will be offering 4s by the end of the month. After that settled down I will take a look at a) expectations for the v5 in 2012, vs b) cost of me to early-renew contract and get the phone for $150 as upgrade.

That said, there's nothing wrong with the iphone4 i have now, so it will be tough to convince me to update to the 4s if i could just save up for the 5 for next year and get a bit more out of the upgrade.

in other words: we will see what happens, because i have the iphone4 atm, there's no real upgrade urge.

I had to chuckle when I read this, the only reason it's "free" is Google already had all the data with their map systems. It's far from "free" it all gets paid for everytime someone clicks on an ad, or buys a phone that licenses the Android OS.

I've owned both phones, and currently own an android, I think their both great devices. The utter insanity of the phone fanboy arguments are no better than the Mac vs. PC one, and equally as worthless. It just stems from the internet ego that must win.
I prefer Android, but I will admit flaws with the the phones or with the latest release.

Only reason I seem so hardset against iOS is because of Apples policies (business and developer) and because people blindly follow what they say. I dislike sheep, especially when they spout misinformation.

Top Bottom