Anyone planning on getting an iPhone 4S? (was iPhone 5)

RIP Steve, you will be missed and the world will never be the same without you. You have shown the world what a true innovator can accomplish. Time to fly the flag at half staff...

Question: can pictures taken with the iPhone 4 (or any iPhone pre-4S) be posted directly to a forum on the web?

I noticed here it does not say anything about the ability to do that for pictures:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/built-in-apps/camera.html

But here it indicates videos can be directly uploaded to Facebook & youtube:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/built-in-apps/hd-video-recording.html
Now playing everywhere.

It’s premiere time. You can shoot video right in the Messages app and send it through iMessage or as an MMS. Or attach it to an email. Or post it on Facebook or YouTube. With AirPlay and Apple TV, you can show your movies to a large audience on your HDTV.

Question: can pictures taken with the iPhone 4 (or any iPhone pre-4S) be posted directly to a forum on the web?

I noticed here it does not say anything about the ability to do that for pictures:

They have a API in place that allows for uploads.

It also works with Flickr and other services.

I can upload my pics to FB, Twitter, Photobucket and YouTube. There may be more places, but these are the ones I use, with the exception of YouTube.

I waas not planning on upgrading. Partly, my decision is out of spite. No iPhone 5, not revenue from me! The other part was I didn't want to get stuck in a two year commitment a year before the iPhone 5 is released. While out of town, I was overruled by Home Company CFO.

She decided that she would rather I rely more on my iPhone assistant and less on my executive assistant. Plus with all the travel I do, she'd like us to have FaceTime. I was rightly upset. Her iMac has video conferencing and so does my Macbook.

But she was right. She has a 3G and that the end of the line for that phone. There is no iOS5 upgrade path for that. She even though about the upgrade issue. We don't need 32GB. With iCloud and iTunes Match, we can get by with the 16GB model for a year. Then the daughters, who are stuck with the 3GS's can have these and we get the iPhone 5.

Still not happy about it, but I can either be spiteful towards Apple for letting me down, or I can enjoy marital peace and harmony. I'm not stupid. I'll make nice with Cupertino.

if T-Mobile really wanted improve their market share, they should change their commercials slightly. Ditch the pink dress.

Carly-Foulkes_TheSocialNewspaper.jpg

Analysts expect Apple to sell nearly 3 million in the first weekend and 25 million by Christmas.

And that is craziness. So all these people are purchasing the 4s, knowing that 5 will most likely be out next year, but they're locked into a 2-yr contract.
I guess they figure they can pay the early cancellation penalties and get 5.

Must be nice to have that kind of $!

^ most of those buyers are new to iPhone or are upgrading from 3Gs or below

by your logic, those ppl shoudnt even buy i5 whn it comes; because a i5s/6 would come a yr later ?

And that is craziness. So all these people are purchasing the 4s, knowing that 5 will most likely be out next year, but they're locked into a 2-yr contract.
I guess they figure they can pay the early cancellation penalties and get 5.

Must be nice to have that kind of $!
What ankurs said. By your logic, people shouldn’t buy iPhones at all, because there will always be a new model in a year.
Also, what about people who don’t buy their iPhones with a 2-year contract?

^ most of those buyers are new to iPhone or are upgrading from 3Gs or below

by your logic, those ppl shoudnt even buy i5 whn it comes; because a i5s/6 would come a yr later ?
What ankurs said. By your logic, people shouldn’t buy iPhones at all, because there will always be a new model in a year.
Also, what about people who don’t buy their iPhones with a 2-year contract?

Silliness. I never said any such thing and you both know it. :rolleyes:
I have a 3Gs, and may or may not upgrade to 4, or 4s, when my contract expires.

Also, where can you purchase an iPhone without a 2-yr contract here in the States?
I'll have to look into that carrier, if there is one.

I think you currently can’t in the U.S. (at least until November), but it’s possible elsewhere; e.g. here in Germany, you can pre-order unlocked iPhones for use on any carrier directly from Apple.
But I think the phone market in the U.S. is generally more restricted and less customer-friendly than here, so that doesn’t really surprise me (in fact, it actually surprises me that Apple doesn’t sell unlocked phones in the U.S. yet, and that it seems you can’t use those “unlocked” phones on Verizon).

Exactly right. Phones in the US require 2 yr contracts, generally. Sprint used to offer a 1-yr contract, but I don't think they do that any longer.
Hence in my post, I was referring to 2-yr contracts, because I live in the US. :)

Yes, I just wanted to point out that those 3/25 mio numbers probably include international sales. :)

Also, you really can not buy any phone without a contract? Subsidized phones with 2-year contracts are pretty common here in Germany too, but as far as I know you can buy almost every phone unlocked, too (and in my case, that’s generally cheaper than with a contract, because I hardly use my phone for actually calling people). I knew you pretty much have hardware netlock, but that’s new to me …

Top Bottom