Anyone have users reporting Tapatalk hijacking their browser?

We transitioned from vB to XF a week ago, and I decided not to install Tapatalk, especially after reading how they'd acted here. I contacted them to have them remove our content from their site and thought all was good until one of our users reported some troubling behavior today:

Also, I'd like to add that the mobile site doesn't work on my phone. As soon as I click (in the browser) on a sub-forum, the phone tries to launch Tapatalk and then Tapatalk exits out and leaves me back at the home page where I started. So, at the moment, I can't browse on my phone if I wanted to.
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/tapatalk.1485909/page-4#post-17112862

We've never had tapatalk running on this xf installation. We did have it with our prior vB software, but we set up xf in a completely separate directory (and now that's on a sep subdomain).

Having tapatalk hijack a phone browser to open things in their app is pretty troubling.

Robru

You do not tell us the whole truth.

You are now using CloudFare that is not properly configured.
Therefore, your users now have problems with Tapatalk.

20170426_213622000_iOS.png 20170426_213550000_iOS.png

Last edited:
By all means, please tell me why Cloudflare would be redirecting users to Tapatalk over a week (actually nearly 2 weeks) after we stopped using forums that had a tapatalk plugin? Should I purge Cloudflare's cache?

We emailed Tapatalk last week and on 4/19 they stated:

The content was removed as per requested. (It may take a few days for the cache to be cleared) and will also not appear in the future.
It's disturbing that a week later they still have our content on their site.

Robru

Sorry, I do not have CloudFare experience. I'm using KeyCDN.
I do not think it's the solution to empty your cache.

As long as I can become an outsider via Tapatalk on your forum.
Your data has apparently not been removed at Tapatalk