Anyone has the 'Magic Mouse' by apple?

I have one that came with my iMac, but I went back to my Razor Diamandback 7 button mouse. And to dispel the myth, current Mac's DO work just fine with multi button mice. I use left click, right click, middle click and scroll wheel all the time. I use the 4th and 5th buttons to do web page back and forward navigation. :)

Apple does a great job with the vast majority of user interface and usability, but their mouse design, frankly, sucks. They just don't seem to grok the fact that how it feels and fits your hand TOTALLY trumps what it looks like.

I have also used one of the wireless keyboards, and I am hugely happy that I speced my iMac to come with the usb extended keyboard with number pad. The usb apple keyboard is a total thing of beauty, I love it. The wireless one had bluetooth issues, and was cramped feeling, and lacked keys that I needed.

Yer... we also ditched the wireless half keyboard instantly and got the full keyboard. I do agree that the mouse fitting in the palm is disappointing... but for one mouse to do what others did with buttons everywhere, I do admire and like to use it.

Dumb joke is dumb. It's something totally different to a regular mouse. It's not about having what windows has it's about multi-touch. Please put bad jokes aside. Thank you. And why do you come with a stupid windows-fanboi comment. It's terrible bro, and ain't funny. And I do hate people who quote me like a fanboy.

You're bad.

Dude take a chill pill, I would get banned from here if I popped down my thoughts on M$ and their latest software releases. We are actually switching over to Apple next year as it happens due to a number of issues with Wintel.

99% of the time Apple products are great in my experience. That 1% would be the Magic Mouse... I've used the old version of it for a while but there was just no way I could get used to the thing. It may look nice, but my small Logitech mouse just feels ten times better to work with. I did not try their new mouse yet, so I can't tell if it feels better... But I assume it's not going to satisfy me either so I gave up on Apple mouses. Logitech has awesome hardware and especially the battery life is amazing.

BTW not sure why you compare Finder with it Floris, I can't think of any reason why you would feel bad about it?

I have that magic mouse. It is okay, different. Takes a bit to get used to it.
The only gripe i have about that, is that i have already maxed out the movement speed and it's still slow. I have to move the move all over the place. And when you have a 27" screen, well, that is just a pain in the rear.

Does anyone know if there is a mouse accelerator available for mac?

I do love their small form factor keyboard. It's awesome.

I've got the magic mouse as well. I don't mind it in general, but on Google Maps and Google Earth, scrolling is a disaster. An accidental touch can trigger zooming madness.

I got the mouse and the mini keyboard with my iMac a few weeks back (I'm new to Macs). I love the feel of the keyboard but I do miss the keys that were left off. I can't get used to using the delete key for both delete and backspace.

If I should decide to get a new keyboard and mouse, I'll get the wired full-size Apple keyboard and maybe a 3rd party mouse. I sincerely dislike having to replace batteries (they always run out when I don't have replacements at hand).

Got the magic trackpad... Much better than the magic mouse, which now lies aside as container for batteries ;)
The trackpad wasn't available when I bought my computer last year.
I'd love to have a track pad for my work PC.
Haven't gotten around to see what might work.

I tried the Magic Mouse....just didn't feel right in my hand, so I let my husband have it for the iMac. And went back to my old one. I don't care what brand I use as long as it feels right in my hand.

I have the wireless "magic mouse" that came with my iMac and the "magic" track pad that came with my MacBook Pro. Once you get used to them and the required finger movements they are quite convenient. I get about a month out of a set of batteries in the mouse. You have to be careful with the battery polarity. I put them in the way I thought was correct one time and they wore out in a day as an earlier poster stated.

The track pad on the MacBook is the only track pad that I have ever been able to use. Prior to the MacBook, I either used an external mouse or the track point (eraser head) on my old IBM Thinkpad TP 760D. The larger size, its sensitivity, and mult function work well.

Jeff

Top Bottom