Anyone has the 'Magic Mouse' by apple?

Vincent

Is it so good?
Is it that special?

Or is it just another mouse with a cool design where you can't see the difference between the left and the right mouse button?

I have it and use it on my MacBook Pro 13". At the beginning it took me a while to get used to it, but it's pretty good, I really enjoy the multi-touch features it has for scrolling and right click.

I use mobile mouse for the Iphone on PC, It uses the gyro and accelerometer to move the mouse using a pc side and iphone side software and also has a multi-touch option so you can lay the phone down and use it for a synth-pad type of interaction similar to the Magic Mouse though I have never used MM. I am basing this assessment on what I read at apple's site.

Lucas if you have an iphone or ipod touch could you test mobile mouse and see how much of a difference they have in regards to control and features?

I don't have a Mac and one of the things that kept me from purchasing one a short while back was the issue of compatibility with hardware/software I often use or would like to try. Not to say the Mac doesn't have it's ups over PC it's that old habits die hard. Interested to hear from an actual person who's tried both to see the difference in function. This came to my mind after looking at the site which shows the bottom of the Magic Mouse which looks a lot like the back of an iPhone style-wise.

I have one that I got to work under Windows 7 and Linux as I don't have a mac. I like the scrolling but it does take a little getting used to and the way I hold it, I sometimes left click when I wanted right. A mac user who only 'left' clicks might not even notice it.

They also now make a standalone trackpad that is identical to the trackpad in new macbooks. I really like my wife's MacBook Air pad and would purchase this if I had a Mac desktop. Not sure if it works on other OSs:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC380?afid=p219|GOUS&cid=OAS-US-KWG-CPUAccessories-US
MC380

I have one that I got to work under Windows 7 and Linux as I don't have a mac. I like the scrolling but it does take a little getting used to and the way I hold it, I sometimes left click when I wanted right. A mac user who only 'left' clicks might not even notice it.

They also now make a standalone trackpad that is identical to the trackpad in new macbooks. I really like my wife's MacBook Air pad and would purchase this if I had a Mac desktop. Not sure if it works on other OSs:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC380?afid=p219|GOUS&cid=OAS-US-KWG-CPUAccessories-US
MC380
now THAT is cool.

Tried them both out at the apple store.

The mouse was interesting but too small for my hands (and they are average sized) and the one button flaw is made worse because the whole thing clicks, not just a button. Felt odd.

The pad looked way more interesting and I thought it would be cool to have touch like scrolling but using it on a mac, the scrolling around google maps was no where near as smooth or seamless as it was on the ipad.

I have it and use it on my MacBook Pro 13". At the beginning it took me a while to get used to it, but it's pretty good, I really enjoy the multi-touch features it has for scrolling and right click.

So it has left and right buttons and a scroll wheel just like a windows one? Are you guys going to be excited when they come cordless! ****

*** Yes the call of the Mac is extending into our former bastion of all things Wintel .... but am going to be dragged kicking and screaming to Apple.

So it has left and right buttons and a scroll wheel just like a windows one? Are you guys going to be excited when they come cordless! ****

*** Yes the call of the Mac is extending into our former bastion of all things Wintel .... but am going to be dragged kicking and screaming to Apple.
Dumb joke is dumb. It's something totally different to a regular mouse. It's not about having what windows has it's about multi-touch. Please put bad jokes aside. Thank you. And why do you come with a stupid windows-fanboi comment. It's terrible bro, and ain't funny. And I do hate people who quote me like a fanboy.

You're bad.

Dumb joke is dumb. It's something totally different to a regular mouse. It's not about having what windows has it's about multi-touch. Please put bad jokes aside. Thank you. And why do you come with a stupid windows-fanboi comment. It's terrible bro, and ain't funny. And I do hate people who quote me like a fanboy.

You're bad.

You recently converted to mac, and have fanboyed it every day in vbIRC. Right there, you have no right to call him out on his opinion of mac and their 'revolutionary' mouse, which some mac users have shared the same opinion on.

I have a Magic Mouse. It isn't really all that magical though, unless you count how it can magically drain its battery in less than a day. :(

You recently converted to mac, and have fanboyed it every day in vbIRC. Right there, you have no right to call him out on his opinion of mac and their 'revolutionary' mouse, which some mac users have shared the same opinion on.
Dude, I joke on IRC, I'm talking serious here. Two different things.

One Apple comment we can agree on!
Whine whine whine,

use what works for you
i do.

And I am glad I am not on Windows anymore.

I pity you for jumping on the fact that I can say something negative about apple, want me to start a list of things about the PC that really, really suck ass and you know you would have to agree too as well?

But you can use windows or linux or mac, I honestly don't care. The only thing I care about is that you at least enjoy what you're using. And after many years of frustration, and that having disappeared when moving to mac, I can only share with others that they should give it a try - and not just rant by default, simply because they think they can't afford it, and cling on to old myths about the mac.

Of course the mac isn't perfect.

Of course linux isn't perfect.

Of course windows isn't perfect.

It's better than the Mighty Mouse, which was awful. I do have it but haven't used it in a while, since I find it very uncomfortable. But it did work quite well, although it's still easier just to have an actual two-button mouse to secondary click.

I have it... its fantastic... I had to watch the video on how to use it properly, specifically learning the two finger swipe for the back and forward... but it works amazingly.

I just bought a new imac and it came with the wireless keyboard and the new mouse. I like both a lot though because both of them are bluetooth I ended up with problems with the keyboard, the battery died within 4 hours - even if I wasn't using it. It seems the keyboard and mouse where trying to use similar frequencies or something. The setup page doesnt allow to reconfigure the frequency.

After a bit of research I found out that there are thousands of apple users in the same boat - so I took it back, he looked at the serial and said 'I don't have this new but I think I have a similar one' and off he trots to get it. Looks the same but I think its from the generation before as now the frequency stuff appears on the screen and now it doesn't supp batteries.

As for the mouse - kinda disappointed in it, yes it has the scrolly thing but it only has two buttons which for me really doesn't cut the mustard any more

Top Bottom