Anyhow, staff is gonna be rich.

cedivad

Let's suppose they sell 10'000 licenses in the first 3 months at 100€ each, that is something we can expect.
That is 1'000'000€!!!

I wanna develop a forum platform too!!! :D

For individuals it is 23% at the lower level and 40% at its highest
oh and you also have to pay NI contributions...

Tell me about it... lol... Throw in business tax if they open up an office, and council tax on their homes and you are paying more than 50%... Though NI isn't that bad at the moment either £2.10 or £14.?? (voluntary)

That would mean they can only reside in the UK for 3 months of the year..

I guess that would be a valid reason for a lot of holidays?

live in 5 countries 3months a year every year :P... somehow I think that will cost more than the 50% but would be an interesting life... Though school for Kier's little one may be very difficult

Tell me about it... lol... Throw in business tax if they open up an office,
You don't pay coporation tax if you have an office, you pay it if you register as a company at companies house. ;)

But the point is that you do want to register as a ltd company if you are producing a Good. One reason is becuase you can then claim relief from VAT, but the other is that the company is classed as a seperate entity, which is good from a legal aspect.

If you not registered as a company, then you take that VAT hit, which sucks down your potential profits... :(

On top of the VAT relief, corporation tax is only 19% and dividend tax is 19% (I think). Therefore, as an owner of the company you can pay yourself a lower wage (paying 23%) and then claim dividends for the rest - therefore only pay 19% rather than 40%

NI is complicated, as it all depends on what band you fall into.

On top of the VAT relief, corporation tax is only 19% and dividend tax is 19% (I think). Therefore, as an owner of the company you can pay yourself a lower wage (paying 23%) and then claim dividends for the rest - therefore only pay 19% rather than 40%

Ah man, I just looked this up and it looks like they have closed this loophole - Razza-Frazza-Grazza-Drazza!

I hate the tax man :mad:

You don't pay coporation tax if you have an office, you pay it if you register as a company at companies house. ;)

But the point is that you do want to register as a ltd company if you are producing a Good. One reason is becuase you can then claim relief from VAT, but the other is that the company is classed as a seperate entity, which is good from a legal aspect.

If you not registered as a company, then you take that VAT hit, which sucks down your potential profits... :(

NI is complicated, as it all depends on what band you fall into.

You miss-understood what I meant by business tax, I didn't mean corporations tax but actually tax on the business property (Commercial Property Tax)... it is lower for an office than say a shop but it is still higher than residential council tax. Or at least it is in my area (thought there are some grants for business under 2years old).

When they start selling at the volume levels you guys are talking there are gong to be quite a few more employees than the three of them.

I really do want them to become very rich off of this.

Sometimes companies that look rich are not as you would think. I worked for a company that was pretty high profile, the sales were huge, the NPV was not as big as it appeared. The margins were much smaller than the public imagined. In spite of the massive revenue the costs were much higher than people thought and there were many hands out for money. People would say things such as "they have too much money" or "they can afford it" yet there was much worry about being a going concern.

I do think they will make it but after then have there first million what ever measure you want to use they will not have a million. When the the sales are flowing in fast they will likely not be quite a rich as most people think even if they are rich.

As most of the UK taxes have gone into bailing out the banks recently, and after doing that it was ruled that it is legal for the banks to charge its users £100's of pounds in overdraft charges a month I have to disagree...

Why am I paying taxes to fund banks that then take more money from me :S... I don't understand this..

Top Bottom