• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Anyhow, staff is gonna be rich.

cedivad

Let's suppose they sell 10'000 licenses in the first 3 months at 100€ each, that is something we can expect.
That is 1'000'000€!!!

I wanna develop a forum platform too!!! :D

Eric J.

Well, putting in what they've paid for hosting, as well as the time they've put in, seems like they'd deserve it. :p And it's not like they'd be ripping us off or anything.

Onimua

Let's suppose they sell 10'000 licenses in the first 3 months at 100€ each, that is something we can expect.
That is 1'000'000€!!!

You might want to, but I doubt it would have the near-overnight success this seems like it will get. ;) Still, no counting the chickens before they hatch!

jonsidneyb

I certainly hope they do become rich but even with a perfect product it can sometimes be hard.

I think they will be OK but there are non-product things that can make it hard at times.

MtoR

That is 1'000'000€!!!

That's a fast calculation, have you thought at:
  • the taxes (TVA and annual taxations)
  • their own monthly salaries
  • the functionning costs (host, ...)
That doesn't lead to the 1 000 000€ you are stating at the end of that ;)
And remember that once a licence is sold, you have to wait a year for renewal (if it works like that) before receiving another batch of money.

F

Floris

You need budgets for marketing, advertising, investing, development, hiring employee and staff, leasing an office, private parties with customers who have over 1,000 posts, etc.

Getting your first 100 customers I suspect is going to be easy. Getting the first 2,500 is a goal.
Turning that 2,500 into 25,000 in a period of three years to remain profitable is a challenge.

No matter how many they sell for what price and what costs they have. It's not really our business besides that we hope it is a successful business for them. It only makes me feel that when money flows there's a future in the development of the product, which means that I benefit from that for my web site.

MtoR

No matter how many they sell for what price and what costs they have. It's not really our business besides that we hope it is a successful business for them. It only makes me feel that when money flows there's a future in the development of the product, which means that I benefit from that for my web site.
Totally agree, that means the platform is fair enough and users appreciate it so your websites are more attractive :)

Cezz

Taxes here in italy are the 50% of what you earn.
I think they are not so high there anyway =)
No, Tax in the UK takes about 25% of your income... however this is a limited company so the company will be taxed and then so with Kier and Mike when they withdraw their salary.

As others have said $1,000,,000 sounds nice, but when you take into consideration that there is three people in the team, Mike, Kier Ashley... They have running costs, taxes etc and that with a product like this they never know if sales will drop for a while before the renewals are due and they pick back up it's not that much...

Also 10,000 is quite a lot of sales in that period, but even so I hope they manage it because the more financially sound the company is the longer we will see them developing a great product.

cedivad

I'm quite sure that after all they will come back home with just some great salary. Something in the range of 100k€/year.
However i hope they earns some Bilion so they buy I.B. :D

Lol this makes me laught to much :D

welshstew

Tax in the UK is a pain - but I'm guessing as the guys are producing a good (as opposed to a service) they can claim relief from VAT so that should help them - not us though :(

They still have to pay corporation tax, which I think is around 19%, plus NI contributions, plus all the other stuff people have mentioned.