1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Any way to speed up deferred process?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by RoldanLT, Oct 6, 2014.

1. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

I'm deleting zero poster that didn't visited the forum for the last 10 months, and I got almost 70K.
    Deleting them takes the a day.
    I'm at 30K left now.

Can I increase the batch per reload?
    Please advice.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can increase the rebuild max execution (https://xenforo.com/help/config-php-options/) but that's it really.

I should note that deleting users is an incredibly "expensive" process due to the potentially large amount of linked data and a lot of denormalized data that may need to be changed.

RoldanLT likes this.
  3. RoldanLT

This is valid?
    $config['rebuildMaxExecution'] = '100';

4. Mike

That should work, but take out the quotes. That said, 100 is very high (the default is actually 8 more recently). I wouldn't go higher than 30 (or 60 at a real push).

RoldanLT likes this.
  5. RoldanLT

Yes, a value of 100 produce a lot of deadlocks so I change it to 30 now and no more deadlocks during the deferred process.

6. RoldanLT

Is it possible to run this on command line?
    Deleting 40K+ user's takes more than a day, and forum's posting/creating thread is really slow during the deferred process.

7. Mike

It would require custom development.

It's not going to speed up the process or lower the load though. Deleting a user is a hugely intense process as there is a ton of data to change.

RoldanLT likes this.