Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

I really wonder why everything has been so extremely delayed. Kier stated in July 2022 that the 2.3 HYS threads would be coming in a few weeks.

Thst few weeks took 14 months.

And another 4 months have passed since the first HYS threads without any idea when a beta comes out.

Xenforo doesn't have to explain anything of course. It's their thing. But it would definitely help keeping your customers and developers happy (and up to date).

Conspiracy alert: They're waiting for all those licenses to expire so folks have to renew at that new price.

Or...on a more serious note...they're waiting for the time "when it's ready".
I mean, this has already happened for majority at this point... considering its been a couple years now.

We’re cooking.

Kier is predominantly working on 3.0. I’ve been doing a mix of infrastructure, non dev stuff and now working on changes to benefit upcoming 2.2 and 2.3 releases. @Naz and @Jeremy P have been continuing their work towards the next 2.2 and 2.3 releases.

On the assumption that you guys want something that works well, rather than not, we’ll keep working until things are ready.

Keep your eyes on the resolved / bug reports forum for current progress and the HYS forum for the last few 2.3 HYS threads before the beta release.

We’re cooking.

Kier is predominantly working on 3.0. I’ve been doing a mix of infrastructure, non dev stuff and now working on changes to benefit upcoming 2.2 and 2.3 releases. @Naz and @Jeremy P have been continuing their work towards the next 2.2 and 2.3 releases.

On the assumption that you guys want something that works well, rather than not, we’ll keep working until things are ready.

Keep your eyes on the resolved / bug reports forum for current progress and the HYS forum for the last few 2.3 HYS threads before the beta release.
Great to hear!
Thanks for the update

We’re cooking.

We've been waiting for some time to renew the license as haven't seen any reason too yet >.< hopefully something good comes about :)

We’re cooking.
Chef Cooking GIF by Nickelodeon

It's going to break styles, hence the version jump.

We're not intending to make the same scale of code changes as we made going from 1.x to 2.x though. Most add-ons will continue to work, although with the style changes, it's probable that anything that touches template modifications may need some finessing.
Don't stop pushing the limits. I'm just a curmudgeon :)

When you say that "styles" break, does that mean basically everything that has been changed in the admin panel (blocks, links, etc.)? Or will our custom LESS files be affected as well (which could imply bigger template changes)?

Good to hear that things seem to progress safe and steadily (y)

Top Bottom