Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

Maybe in reality the users we believe to be the creators and engineers of XF, aren't.

They are actually figureheads to keep us here and keep memberships active and licenses renewed as much as possible.

Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

Well. I've not renewed in a very long time. What's the point? I can't be the only one. I hope this is worth the wait.
You know you can't get any support for your forum.
it makes it harder for you to post in the sections you want on the forum.

They did and get annoyed when called out on it and shown their own posts. Shades of Jack Nicholson's "You CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" in there.

Cant Believe Here We Go Again GIF by Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore

I'm currently debating renewing an expired license to bring an SMF site over from, deal with the near death of self-hosted with IPS and renew that license or break down and try Woltlab again (which is basically buying it all outright once more).

Last edited:
Cant Believe Here We Go Again GIF by Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore

I'm currently debating renewing and expired license to bring an SMF site over to, deal with the near death of self-hosted with IPS and renew that license or break down and try Woltlab again (which is basically buying it all outright once more).
This is what I'm talking about. If there was organisation or some sort of order then it's doubtful many would be at this juncture. It's common sense it would get this way. It's not even about features anymore.

It's about the future of the product and company that is being questioned. Why would you want to invest in an entire eco system people are discussing about being over or not maintained?

This is what I'm talking about. If there was organisation or some sort of order then it's doubtful many would be at this juncture. It's common sense it would get this way. It's not even about features anymore.

It's about the future of the product and company that is being questioned. Why would you want to invest in an entire eco system people are discussing about being over or not maintained?
With a poor unsupportive attitude to an expensive license that allows you to use a reasonably good software, maybe you need to go back and look at your forum.
if that's terrible look at sprucing it up a bit.
you cannot be a tightarse where you want updates and a free licence. That will not happen.

With a poor unsupportive attitude to an expensive license that allows you to use a reasonably good software, maybe you need to go back and look at your forum.
if that's terrible look at sprucing it up a bit.
you cannot be a tightarse where you want updates and a free licence. That will not happen.
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding? Nothing of what my post was about, was about my forum or being a tight arse?

I'm talking about the company, not myself.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding? Nothing of what my post was about, was about my forum or being a tight arse?

I'm talking about the company, not myself.
Quit moaning about the company and focus on the software you use.
You have a thing called a licence that allows you to run your own forum.
it's not free.
just like any of the widgets you use they cost money. It might be a once off but it allows you to spruce up your forum.

Not an unusual perspective with that individual. They seem to lack even a basic knowledge of what many of these threads deal with and instead decide to interact and show their complete lack of knowledge of what is being discussed and get a wide number of respondents to try to tell them that and then they go totally off-topic (even more so with the associated responses to them)... then the thread gets closed (usually because it is generating heat that XF probably doesn't want to have to deal with and it's an easy excuse to close the thread). Already happened with 2 threads they decided to inject their idiocy into... this will probably make 3. Meanwhile, the XF staff can't seem to get control of that individual, not realizing how much damage they are doing to them.
It's one of the reasons I'm contemplating other scripts. Got too much currently invested in my primary site financially (and it ALL comes out of my pocketbook, not my users)... but secondary is open to "exploration". I've even contemplated getting another VPS set up to use Discourse easily on it.
And honestly.. if the same BS continues.. even on my primary site I may decide to flush it all and start over.... not something I want to do as one of the developers I use I absolutely LOVE what they provide and can't sing it enough praises and there are no equivalents with the other scripts... but that's what can happen with a script appears to lay fallow.
I do like to actively participate in a scripts support site... ergo:

Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 4.37.20 AM.png
vs
Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 4.37.04 AM.png
It is simply a pity when a particular party can push active users away (especially those that provide outside support that the current XenForo developers are failing to do within their support forum environment.

In fact, it's so bad that I had been looking at another few paid add-ons that give some ability that should actually be native to the script... but I really don't think I'm going to even waste the money on them since I will (for the second site) be investigating alternatives.. and for the current am "solid" for about a year with what I have (which works other than the severely borked editor).

I can think of about 3 individuals in my over a decade with XF that did as much damage as our Australian friend is doing... and every one of them ended up banned. The question is, what will come first... active participants that give good advice/help here deciding to no longer participate... or a "tweaking" of a particular users participation aspects taken and if no change made, appropriate action taken.
Yes, you can "ignore" a user.. but we ALL know how severely the ignore feature/function currently sucks on XF (yet one more area they need to "expand" in a newer version that may get here before the next ice age).

To emphasize how bad it is... I'm looking at around $650 USD (Woltlab) compared to around $400 for XF (for both core and add-ons that I need).... and I'm giving WoltLab SERIOUS contemplation, even though I personally think their interface sucks.
Just for core functions currently... no third party add-ons.

Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 4.59.39 AM.png
For those not wanting to do the EU->USD conversion.. that's about $495 USD.
I can renew IPS for less.. but then (again) you have the "question" of how long they will support a standalone script... they only "promise" through the next version.

Last edited:
Quit moaning about the company and focus on the software you use.
You have a thing called a licence that allows you to run your own forum.
it's not free.
just like any of the widgets you use they cost money. It might be a once off but it allows you to spruce up your forum.
I think this thread isn't suited for you. Come back in two years when nothing has progressed but your experience clearly has.

I'm more than entitled to have an opinion, as is anyone else - on the company/organisation they have invest in or want to invest in.

Homer Backing Up GIF

Please stop going off topic. Ignore the users that you don't agree with.

Otherwise this topic will also be closed because of your bickering.

Won't be surprised if this thread gets closed as well. @Brogan instead of banning the annoying users from posting on such threads where people are discussing important matters, he closed the thread to "shut mouth to everyone", very rude.

XenForo approach at the moment: Let client's pay the money for new licenses or renewals without any official updates, but don't let them to discuss about our silence and why we have poor communication.

I think this thread is gonna get closed too, as it's turning into a carbon copy of the other one and that would be a shame.
Yeah.. seems like any thread our Australian friend gets involved in becomes like a fishing expedition.. one that involves throwing chum out to the "sharks"... and we sharks simply can't help to come in to feed to correct BS.
The irony is... with how that Australian tends to "block" stuff.. they probably never even see when they are being corrected... and the circle jerk continues because they fail to delve into the pool of knowledge that FAR exceeds the "sippy cup" they have..... them posting crap, others correcting them and them never seeing it.

Last edited:
I think this thread is gonna get closed too, as it's turning into a carbon copy of the other one and that would be a shame.

There's a serious problem with XF nowadays and it's important that it's discussed.
It's leading down that way.
which is a shame.
Because here is our chance to discuss something we desperately all want answers to but aren't getting due to this stuff happening.

Hey to those of you who are frustrated can you all chill out just so the staff here can provide an update...?

Reactions: FTL
I think this thread isn't suited for you. Come back in two years when nothing has progressed but your experience clearly has.

I'm more than entitled to have an opinion, as is anyone else - on the company/organisation they have invest in or want to invest in.

Homer Backing Up GIF
Rude responses like this will end up getting these threads locked.

Hey to those of you who are frustrated can you all chill out just so the staff here can provide an update...?
It's not us talking about it that's stopping them. The staff clearly don't want to give an update for some reason, or we'd have heard long ago, regardless of our conversation. If anything, threads like these would normally spur a company into making some sort of statement, but XF appear to be impervious to any pressure, which is very strange and frustrating. Why they ghost us is a mystery to me.

Only the other day, I tagged all the developers in the now closed thread and made a very polite plea for information, but, as I expected, there was no response. Why didn't they? It's on them, not us, their paying customers.

I made a small query about my XF Cloud by ticket the other day and got a very fast and helpful response, so they're there and listening (and show up in the members online box too) just choosing not to respond in these threads for some reason. I really don't get it.

really don't get it.
A requirement of commitment might have to be made... and they've already stumbled on the recent ones they have given.
Cut your losses while you are ahead.
My case is a perfect example... that extra several hundred dollars could go towards an Ha/SII/OIII Chroma/Astrodon filter that I could use... instead, I'm having to contemplate wasting it on another script because XF developers appear to afraid to commit.

Alec Baldwin Christmas GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sometimes... one has to take a stance.. and if that stance (again) falls flat of its face, have the brass ones to be willing to clearly state "mea culpa" and maybe even explain why.

Last edited:
Top Bottom