Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

2.2 has still been a lot of fun - and serves the job nicely
Other than a few bugs (none which are end of world status) my site continues to rock along.
And at least now there ARE indications of a forward movement with the high number of fixed bugs.... but I'm still battling trying to get a grip on image processing so I can create content for the site.
NGC7023.jpg
This simple one took me 6 hours to get to this point (never mind the 5 hours to capture the data), and is used for the site.. so guess where my prime interest lay? Something that I have absolutely no control over... or something that gains more "interest" for my site.
I think we all know that a new version, or even an "update" isn't going to drive traffic to our sites.. it's content that will do so.

Gotcha Mr mature guy. And I’m not being aggressive at all man. I’m basically posting what has been said by developers. Probably will leave this thread for “mature” people like you pal.

Jokes are there so you can make fun, especially in current situation of XenForo and what we have been told for years. But hey, you can't argue with someone blind.
Yes, please leave it to the experts.

Guys guys, please keep the negativity inside - and go grab some fresh air. It’s another new day whether Xenforo 2.3 is here or not… don’t let this life slip away.

Guys guys, please keep the negativity inside - and go grab some fresh air. It’s another new day whether Xenforo 2.3 is here or not… don’t let this life slip away.
Yep... and even though it's released, I won't be installing it yet as with so many template modifications, I prefer to wait until my style developer gets their styles updated. The main thing is that that 2.2.13 has been released!

Yep... and even though it's released, I won't be installing it yet as with so many template modifications, I prefer to wait until my style developer gets their styles updated. The main thing is that that 2.2.13 has been released!
You happy that your editor emoji bug is fixed yet?

I wish that this place had built in shoutboxes.
In reality i don't see that happening. There are already apps for that.
The same with this editor, i don't see anything added to it before 2.3 shows up.
But it hasn't stopped me from upgrading my site.
I guess we shouldn't be ungrateful all the time.

Why do you want a built in shoutbox? They tend to take activity away from the site in a lot of cases.

Why do you want a built in shoutbox? They tend to take activity away from the site in a lot of cases.
Yeah mate. there are already packages out there are are sadly incompatible with this software.
Because then it takes all the unnecessary garbage posts out of the forums and onto the shoutbox.

I also think that if you have something from SMF it will mean that you will be able to have your own portal as well.
It's a package that you have to download for free on their platform.
They don't have this here. It's not compatiple with xenforo software.
I wish it was so then you could have another site that you could go to just for these things.

They don't have this here. It's not compatiple with xenforo software.
I wish it was so then you could have another site that you could go to just for these things.
Much of what their "portals" can do is already able to be done with native XF when compared to the current SMF (which I run on my pipe site) portals. Only difference is with XF you can decide what is shown and it's placement, but you do have to have some familiarity with XF and creating custom widgets (which is not that hard) and pages.

Shoutbox? I could see a proper chat doing that, but the shoutbox application I am familiar with (we used to call them black boxes due to how the message displayed) was just a quick way to say hi or do a bit of flirting (it was on a sex-themed site). You couldn't really carry on a lengthy conversation on it.

But I agree that it doesn't need to be core. Siropu (IIRC), to name one, has an add-on and that should be good for sites needing one.

EDIT: And I feel the same about chat. It is best suited to an add-on.

Shoutbox? I could see a proper chat doing that, but the shoutbox application I am familiar with (we used to call them black boxes due to how the message displayed) was just a quick way to say hi or do a bit of flirting (it was on a sex-themed site). You couldn't really carry on a lengthy conversation on it.

But I agree that it doesn't need to be core. Siropu (IIRC), to name one, has an add-on and that should be good for sites needing one.

EDIT: And I feel the same about chat. It is best suited to an add-on.
It should be a package style thing similar to smf and ezboards.
I don't think ezboards is compatitble with xf

It should be a package style thing similar to smf and ezboards.
I don't think ezboards is compatitble with xf
Uh... there are chat programs out there that are "similar" to that available for SMF and most other scripts... are you trying to say it should be "built in"? No thanks.
And I'm pretty sure that add-ons from most other scripts are not compatible with anything other than what they are released for....

Just in case you were unable to search for them for whatever reason:

Last edited:
There are already shoutbox packages available for XF that are installable as regular addons.
As I pointed out in the post they quoted. Not sure I understand @aussiefooty's response, to be honest. I think they are either suggesting it should be a first party add-on or core but that's not exactly clear.

As I pointed out in the post they quoted. Not sure I understand @aussiefooty's response, to be honest. I think they are either suggesting it should be a first party add-on or core but that's not exactly clear.
It should be a bit like the media and resources add ons where you can purchase a package that has all the things you want on a forum. Cms, shoutbox, birthday celebrations, calander, html (for twitter and maybe social media), etc.
a bit like what smf do. it would help those who want that add on to be able to purchase it for the lifetime of their license.

It should be a bit like the media and resources add ons where you can purchase a package that has all the things you want on a forum. Cms, shoutbox, birthday celebrations, calander, html (for twitter and maybe social media), etc.
a bit like what smf do. it would help those who want that add on to be able to purchase it for the lifetime of their license.
So a "Social" first party add-on. Makes sense

Top Bottom