Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

Can you please quote this suggestion or the thread where you have seen this? I'd love to see how much times users have requested this feature
Every time someone has asked about hosting, any time someone has asked if they can directly buy hosting, any time someone has had an issue with their own host..? It was asked about when vB Connect, IPB changed focus to cloud, and every other service added cloud services.

That is not to mention every potential pre-purchase ticket.

Can you please quote this suggestion or the thread where you have seen this? I'd love to see how much times users have requested this feature
Simply use the search feature on the site.... or better yet, google.

The suggestions/comments about SAAS and XF are not only posted here... in fact, here is a TAZ entry from 2014 (8 years ago) asking about it.

And from here dated prior to 2019... I only grabbed a few posts, as I really have better things to do than research something you could easily do.

Feel free to use your search abilities to research further.

If IPB and the other competitors have what you need, then why aren't you moving your social media users to one of those platforms?
I'm not saying they do... Their SSO/auth documentation is about as opaque as XenForo's - but IPB does say it can run IPB in slave mode with an auth system (and that they support Oauth). I would love to use a FOSS solution but none of them have decent UX in my experience. So I'm happy to pay a company like XenForo for long term support and coherent etc - just don't understand why they don't want to empower us more to contribute or integrate with their software.

Would love to know about projected SaaS vs self-hosted model and the amount of focus their code bases will have within XF before moving this huge community to it :P

Last edited:
I wanted a cloud solution.

A lot of people do. And we thankful that so many existing XF customers have given it a try.

The argument that I didn’t want it therefore I don’t care about it overlooks that it is a very profitable mechanism of providing a service or a software and ultimately benefits all customers because it helps us develop a reliable revenue model that we otherwise wouldn’t have been able to achieve.

A lot of people do. And we thankful that so many existing XF customers have given it a try.

The argument that I didn’t want it therefore I don’t care about it overlooks that it is a very profitable mechanism of providing a service or a software and ultimately benefits all customers because it helps us develop a reliable revenue model that we otherwise wouldn’t have been able to achieve.
The cloud service is fantastic and certainly a major asset to xenForo.

I am glad I made the jump :)

I wanted a cloud solution.
So? Many of us are wondering what the dev track is between cloud and self-hosted. Will their functionality or code diverge? If they do, then the cloud version getting a lot more development attention might be an issue for the self hosters - considering the amount of dev-related questions are getting answered on the forum (uhmm auth/SSO provider support or documentation).

@Chris D Is XF Cloud using the same code that the self-hosted version uses? If the cloud version becomes way more profitable, then what are the chances of less maintanace or deprecation happening to the self-hosted version?

Last edited:
So? Many of us are wondering what the dev track is between cloud and self-hosted. Will their functionality or code diverge? If they do, then the cloud version getting a lot more development attention might be an issue for the self hosters - considering the amount of dev-related questions are getting answered on the forum (uhmm auth/SSO provider support or documentation).

@Chris D Is XF Cloud using the same code that the self-hosted version uses? If the cloud version becomes way more profitable, then what are the chances of less maintanace or deprecation happening to the self-hosted version?
So…?

The quoted poster was asking where the demand for cloud hosting was. I responded..?

The devs have answered the question about differences in code multiple times and have stated there are very minor differences. They have also stated that there are absolutely no plans to stop developing a self hosted licence.

I am not sure what more you want. Just because it doesn’t suit you doesn’t mean it isn’t what is best for the community.

Last edited:
Is XF Cloud using the same code that the self-hosted version uses? If the cloud version becomes way more profitable, then what are the chances of less maintanace or deprecation happening to the self-hosted version?
I really don't think, based upon the history of the developers, they will go down the "Charles & Lindy" road. And this is from someone who has been observing both since about 2012.

But I find it rather ironic how you (and some others) appear to find more and more to worry about...

Take a hint from this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any idea why none of the previous alternatives fit your needs?
Yes, thanks. I wanted an official solution that came with official support and licencing for the software. Is that okay with you? :ROFLMAO:

2.3 has been in active development for quite some time and we expect to start running HYS threads in the coming weeks.

Full House Workout GIF

Same code but with a small amount of customisation on top. There are no plans for divergence or to change our licensing model.
This is such a relief to hear. Just moved back over from the competitor, and they are constantly removing features or making features cloud only basically forcing people to go to their cloud.

Top Bottom