1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any plans to continue a vB4 importer?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Claudio, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

I manage a vbulletin4 forum and Im looking for a importer to migrate my forum. The importer of Pauls gives me an error when I try to import users.

So I would like to know if its planned to release an official vb4 importer with support?

Thanks

2. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

if you asking, if they have a plan? I think they should I see more costumers coming from vb4 rather than vb3. Nevertheless, it should be a priority in xf list of "to do..."!

Fuhrmann likes this.
  3. christanimus

christanimus New Member

I agree! (y)

4. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Pauls importer works with 1.0.4, not with the new betas.

5. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Wasn't someone picking up on Pauls' work though?

6. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I know someone wants to write a new importer. If you want to test your vb4 data in a xenforo environment now, there is only Paul Ms importer available.

7. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Kovifor is writing a new importer, as he is planning on doing a few things differently.

8. Floris

Floris Guest

One could easily use 104 and import vb4 into it. then upgrade to 1.1

Brandon Sheley and Marcus like this.
  9. infis

infis Well-Known Member

It's not good idea. Custom User Fields, prefixes, etc...
    The importer from VB4 in XF is necessary the high-grade.

10. Floris

Floris Guest

Well, ok, for those that desire the additional things like that, yeah. They just have to wait.

11. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

worked for me.

12. Claudio

it dont with my vb4 forum i get a
    Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_16976_0.MYI'; try to repair it

13. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You need to associate your forum account with your license, or you won't be able to post in the customer forums.

14. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Is this all you get as an error message or do you have a more elaborate one? You might repair your vbulletin tables in phpmyadmin before upgrading. You just select the table and then click on "repair". You should do that only with a test installation.

Whenever I did a new import, I removed all the xenforo database and did a new xenforo install.

Happy converting :)

15. Claudio

thanks marcus for the help, but I have already done that and all tables were ok..so I dont know what to do.

The completly errors are:

16. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

On the last line you may remove the /home directory to only .../admin.php for privacy reasons.

17. Brogan

Moved to the correct forum for support.

You will need to associate your forum account with your license to post in this forum and continue getting support.

18. Brogan

Thread author has confirmed they are using nulled software so thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.