Any plans for a CMS?

gmaister22

The reason i still haven't moved to xenForo is that you guys do not have an IP.Content replacement...

Are there any plans for it?

CMS, Blogs, Gallery etc etc, should always remain 3rd party.. Have you not learned anything from vBulletin 4? vB3 was an amazing product.. IB bloated vB4 with all that stuff and look what garbage the product became.
Sorry but that's just backward. vbulletin was already bloated when KAM were working on it. The fact that IB exclusively produces crap doesn't have any bearing on the quality of any official XenForo addons. I'm sure that if they decide to produce a CMS or whatever addon then it will be of the same standard as XenForo quality.
Following your line of thought the RM would be garbage. But its far from it.

Following your line of thought the RM would be garbage. But its far from it.

Last time I checked RM was a 3rd party add-on of xF ltd and cost an extra fee to purchase. It is not part of the default core. I never said RM or ES for that matter was garbage. I stated look what garbage vB became with all these extra bells and whistles added as default core. Nice try at twisting my words though.

Last time I checked RM was a 3rd party add-on of xF ltd and cost an extra fee to purchase. It is not part of the default core. I never said RM or ES for that matter was garbage. I stated look what garbage vB became with all these extra bells and whistles added as default core. Nice try at twisting my words though.
You stated that addons like a CMS, blogs, gallery should always stay 3rd party or they could turn out garbage like the vbCMS. Yet, the RM is an addon like the aforementioned addons.
I know that you do not find the RM garbage. I am pointing out that your reasoning implies this, and therefore does not seem to compute.
CMS, Blogs, Gallery etc etc, should always remain 3rd party.. Have you not learned anything from vBulletin 4? vB3 was an amazing product.. IB bloated vB4 with all that stuff and look what garbage the product became.

Last time I checked RM was a 3rd party add-on of xF ltd and cost an extra fee to purchase.
Without wading into anything else, the RM is not 3rd party -- it's 1st party. I think that distinction is very important to people, so if you say "X should be 3rd party" when you actually mean "X should not be part of the core", you'll get very different reactions.

Without wading into anything else, the RM is not 3rd party -- it's 1st party. I think that distinction is very important to people, so if you say "X should be 3rd party" when you actually mean "X should not be part of the core", you'll get very different reactions.

Fair enough, though by 3rd party I ment it's not a feature part of the core.

If you guys at Xenforo wanted to kill vb5 once and for all. Build your cms now and make it out before vb5 does.
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-calendar-and-the-cms-replacement#post3974664

This is strategic decision, you will win twice. alot of vb4 suites people will come over if you have CMS.

At the moment I believed sales at vbulletin is very low, this is because all of vb designers felt it from their own sales figure.
Xenforo must take the lead.

If you guys at Xenforo wanted to kill vb5 once and for all. Build your cms now and make it out before vb5 does.
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-calendar-and-the-cms-replacement#post3974664

This is strategic decision, you will win twice. alot of vb4 suites people will come over if you have CMS.

At the moment I believed sales at vbulletin is very low, this is because all of vb designers felt it from their own sales figure.
Xenforo must take the lead.

I dont think they care about killing the competition. Just to deliver a high quality product. :)

I'd really want XF to develop a CMS; but it should be be like xenPorta with added functionality (like better article composing, image captions, meta title description ability etc.).

I'm already happy with what xenForo offers :)

PS: If CMS isn't being designed, tell me what's Kier doing o_O:D

I'd really want XF to develop a CMS; but it should be be like xenPorta with added functionality (like better article composing, image captions, meta title description ability etc.).

I'm already happy with what xenForo offers :)

PS: If CMS isn't being designed, tell me what's Kier doing o_O:D

Maybe moving into a new house and setting it up? Maybe doing something not XF related?

Top Bottom