Any plans for a CMS?

gmaister22

The reason i still haven't moved to xenForo is that you guys do not have an IP.Content replacement...

Are there any plans for it?

Looks similar to the options of vBAvanced, where one can generate pages with bb-editor, HTML (even including .html-pages from server into the cms-page) or from PHP.
Great! I think now it becoms difficult to decide, xenPorta and XenZine Articles are competing for my frontpage too.

Looks similar to the options of vBAvanced, where one can generate pages with bb-editor, HTML (even including .html-pages from server into the cms-page) or from PHP.
Great! I think now it becoms difficult to decide, xenPorta and XenZine Articles are competing for my frontpage too.

What's XenZine? Never heard of it.

Going to hopefully release some more stuff after XF 1.2 comes out, but to be honest our homepage thing isn't a CMS at all... it's really just a feed aggregator (mostly RSS), and internally it's really ugly/kludgey with it's parsing logic. Someday maybe I'll clean it up (right now it has a bunch of hard-coded one-off rules for some of the feeds), but right now it would be a support nightmare for anyone trying to use it for anything other than the feed sources we use.
Xenforo 1.2 Beta 4 is out. How about now? :D

I have to admit, I would really love to see a powerful and feature rich CMS added to XF. (y)

Today there are many situations where you could need more than "just" a forum software, and a CMS attached to the same software is the perfect solution not only to avoid two (or more) parallel installations (eg. WordPress and XF) and unneccessary bridges, but also to customize a complete website based on personal preferences/needs. More variation, more possibilities... that is always a good thing.

I'm still operating vb 4.2.1. and have no interest in vb 5.x. I use jFusion to bridge to Joomla. Currently, that is the best option available for a "must-have Joomla site" to integrate the best CMS (IMO) with a highly developed forum solution. I would jump to Xenforo in a heartbeat (since vb is essentially dead in the water as far as I'm concerned) as soon as a bridge is complete that integrates Joomla 3.x with the latest Xenforo (with assurances that the bridge development would continue into the future). I see hints of such development as an add-on here but nothing at the JFusion.org site.

I watched all the wasted time over at vb developing a CMS that was (and still is) primitive compared to Joomla which offers tons of addons. It would take years, even if possible, for anyone to close that gap. I wish that the developers of vb had concentrated on their core forum software, instead.

So I feel I already have the best CMS solution for many years to come. I just hope that I can someday have the best forum solution (looks to be Xenforo) integrated with it.

I imagine there are quite a few other Joomla users that would likewise want an integrated and highly developed forum solution such as Xenforo instead of Kunena which is about a decade behind in features.

Last edited:
I'm still operating vb 4.2.1. and have no interest in vb 5.x. I use jFusion to bridge to Joomla. Currently, that is the best option available for a "must-have Joomla site" to integrate the best CMS (IMO) with a highly developed forum solution. I would jump to Xenforo in a heartbeat (since vb is essentially dead in the water as far as I'm concerned) as soon as a bridge is complete that integrates Joomla 3.x with the latest Xenforo (with assurances that the bridge development would continue into the future). I see hints of such development as an add-on here but nothing at the JFusion.org site.

I watched all the wasted time over at vb developing a CMS that was (and still is) primitive compared to Joomla which offers tons of addons. It would take years, even if possible, for anyone to close that gap. I wish that the developers of vb had concentrated on their core forum software, instead.

So I feel I already have the best CMS solution for many years to come. I just hope that I can someday have the best forum solution (looks to be Xenforo) integrated with it.

I imagine there are quite a few other Joomla users that would likewise want an integrated and highly developed forum solution such as Xenforo instead of Kunena which is about a decade behind in features.

I also still operate vB 4.2.1 and I'm looking to see whether I can bridge Joomla 3 with whatever forum software I choose to run. I have an open mind about Xenforo and vB5. However vB5 appears to be very slow and a year on from its first release they still haven't added back the replacement for their CMS and calendar. If there were a good bridge between Joomla 3 and Xenforo, together with a calendar, I'd be happy to use Xenforo.

I have to admit, I would really love to see a powerful and feature rich CMS added to XF. (y)

Today there are many situations where you could need more than "just" a forum software, and a CMS attached to the same software is the perfect solution not only to avoid two (or more) parallel installations (eg. WordPress and XF) and unneccessary bridges, but also to customize a complete website based on personal preferences/needs. More variation, more possibilities... that is always a good thing.

One of the other software programmes I use already manages to bridge vBulletin and Joomla with a single login. I think they use JFusion. I can't see why you'd want to design a whole new CMS if you could bridge Xenforo with Joomla.

I'm also searching for a CMS, i have 400 wordpress articles that must be moved to xenforo. Is xenporta the best solution? Because when we use this and development of xenforo makes another one, i have to move twice...

Top Bottom