Lack of interest Another kind of sticky post

realaqu

in our forums, I don't want to see a lot of political stuffs, that easily lead to fights, but I feel it is a little rude to just delete or lock the thread, can you offer a function which admins can just move this kinda topics not showing up on first 3 pages no matter if there is a new reply or not.

Tracy Perry

in our forums, I don't want to see a lot of political stuffs, that easily lead to fights, but I feel it is a little rude to just delete or lock the thread, can you offer a function which admins can just move this kinda topics not showing up on first 3 pages no matter if there is a new reply or not.
How about making a node called "Hot Topics" and show that those type of posts go there (or will be moved there).
For the descriptor - just warn folks to put on their flame retardant tights and enter. :)

FredC

How about making a node called "Hot Topics" and show that those type of posts go there (or will be moved there).
For the descriptor - just warn folks to put on their flame retardant tights and enter. :)
I also do this and take it one step further and used a plugin to make the hot topics forum only accessible to subscribers of that forum.

realaqu

actually, I just want to hide some post, sticky means always on the top, but for some reason I wanna keep them stay at the very bottom or in the middle somewhere