1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forcing the order of "sticky" posts...

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by discoian, Feb 12, 2011.

1. discoian

discoian Active Member

Is there a friendly way of forcing the order that sticky posts are displayed. Obviously by default they are shown in the reverse order in which they were added.

Although I never did it, in IP.Board you can force the order by changing the unix date of a post directly in the database, is this possible in XF also? i've not delved into the DB yet...
    steven s likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Changing the time (post_date) in the DB should work (xf_thread table) but I haven't actually tried it in XenForo.

Other than that, there is no other way of setting the order.
  3. discoian

discoian Active Member

Mmmm ok, i'll give that a go I think when i'm feeling adventurous.
  4. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

Has this been suggested as an addon?
    I'd like to see stickies at the top of what's new.
  5. discoian

discoian Active Member

Ok I felt adventurous...changing the unix post date works exactly as I thought it would.

What would be another good addon would be a post "touch" feature whereby we can change the date of ALL of the topics on the forum in a single hit, ideal for community launches. Mind you, by directly altering the unix date in the DB you could run a MySQL query to do the same thing...
  6. eriche

eriche Member

I also have right now the problem that there is no way to order the sticky threads :eek:
    Shouldn't`t this be a core feature?

It will happen very often that you want to define the order of sticky posts.

I know there is a paid plugin available - but maybe since 2011 - we got another possibility to order sticky posts and I don`t know it :sleep: