XF 1.3 Another brick in the wall... vB4 to XenForo

Sunka

Hi,
I will transfer my board from vB 4.2 to Xenforo 1.3, and for first post, some questions. More will be added after. ;)

To clear something that I do not understand. I have my vB forum installed in root (under public_html). If I upload and install XenForo in subforum test (.../public_html/test/), then move throgh all options in ACP, setup all, install mods, then make import, and after that delete vBullettin files under public_html and move XenForo files there, my questions then:

• If after import (files are still in subfolder .../public_html/test/) make search reindex, is this will be bad couse after that I will move my files to root?
  • Redirects in that case (move from subfolder to root after import), which exactly and where to find them?
  • Why install add ons before import?
  • Full frendly url? If I choose that options, when to setup that, before import, after import, after installation...?
  • Full frendly url? If I choose to turn them off, shoul I be warned for something? Is there will be some broken links on forum, google indexing lost....?
  • During search reindexing, should forum be closed?

So good order to do will be:

1. install in subfolder
  2. ACP settings choosing
  3. turn on full friendly url
  4. addon installing
  5. import
  6. check everything is OK and make find/replace some old BBcode in posts
  7. reindexing
  8. move to rot
  9. some rewriting rules (???)'
Or to just delete all vB files except attachment and customavatar and install XenForo in root, then import

I tried test import and some things are not finished good.

• Attachments did not imported at all: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '2' for key 'PRIMARY'
  • Avatars - some imported, and some not (mostly new one and not default)
  • Forum titles with html code are not added correctly (I think because limit of 50 letters) - example on vBulletin I have <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #004868;">Kaktusi</span>, and after import that forum have name cutted - <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #004868;">K
  • During Install SuperAdmin is created (ID 1), and on vB same ID is Superadmin too (me), so during import some question about merging that two users into one show up, in that case I choose yes?

This is first cup of questions. Thanks for answers

Rebuilding the search index should be irrelevant to the directory.

Will your imported board (under /test/) be publicly accessible? If you move before "opening" your XenForo, you shouldn't need redirects from test to root.

You can install add-ons before or after import, that is up to you.

You can set up full friendly URLs at any point.

If you turn them off, you will want to redirect to the non-friendly URLs or else your links will be broken.

You can choose to delete vBulletin first or second, that is up to you.

If you chose to retain IDs, you cannot have content on the XenForo besides the first user and default content. That will cause this error.

If you used an avatar gallery, those will not be imported.

XenForo doesn't include HTML in Node Titles. You should remove HTML before importing.

Yes, you can merge the two users together.

Rebuilding the search index should be irrelevant to the directory.

So I can rebuilding search index after make import AND move to the root

Will your imported board (under /test/) be publicly accessible? If you move before "opening" your XenForo, you shouldn't need redirects from test to root.

No, plan is to be closed both (vB and Xenforo), and open Xenfero after moved and importing is done. So I CAN just install in subforum, make import, move to the root? I will need to change than in the ACP: Board URL, but I am afraid of being locked up because first I need to move files to root, and than login in acp to change Board url

You can install add-ons before or after import, that is up to you.

OK

You can set up full friendly URLs at any point.

OK, so rebuilding search can be done before or after turn on friendly urls?

If you turn them off, you will want to redirect to the non-friendly URLs or else your links will be broken.

htaccess - what code?
And, your opinion is to turn on friendly url or not?

You can choose to delete vBulletin first or second, that is up to you.

OK

If you chose to retain IDs, you cannot have content on the XenForo besides the first user and default content. That will cause this error.

Got it

If you used an avatar gallery, those will not be imported.

OK

XenForo doesn't include HTML in Node Titles. You should remove HTML before importing.

OK

Yes, you can merge the two users together.

I have to, I think, couse ID 1 is superadmin on both forums

Top Bottom