I will transfer my board from vB 4.2 to Xenforo 1.3, and for first post, some questions. More will be added after.
To clear something that I do not understand. I have my vB forum installed in root (under public_html). If I upload and install XenForo in subforum test (.../public_html/test/), then move throgh all options in ACP, setup all, install mods, then make import, and after that delete vBullettin files under public_html and move XenForo files there, my questions then:
- If after import (files are still in subfolder .../public_html/test/) make search reindex, is this will be bad couse after that I will move my files to root?
- Redirects in that case (move from subfolder to root after import), which exactly and where to find them?
- Why install add ons before import?
- Full frendly url? If I choose that options, when to setup that, before import, after import, after installation...?
- Full frendly url? If I choose to turn them off, shoul I be warned for something? Is there will be some broken links on forum, google indexing lost....?
- During search reindexing, should forum be closed?
So good order to do will be:
- install in subfolder
- ACP settings choosing
- turn on full friendly url
- addon installing
- check everything is OK and make find/replace some old BBcode in posts
- move to rot
- some rewriting rules (???)'
I tried test import and some things are not finished good.
- Attachments did not imported at all: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '2' for key 'PRIMARY'
- Avatars - some imported, and some not (mostly new one and not default)
- Forum titles with html code are not added correctly (I think because limit of 50 letters) - example on vBulletin I have <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #004868;">Kaktusi</span>, and after import that forum have name cutted - <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #004868;">K
- During Install SuperAdmin is created (ID 1), and on vB same ID is Superadmin too (me), so during import some question about merging that two users into one show up, in that case I choose yes?
This is first cup of questions. Thanks for answers