Another bailout country in EU

Same here. Everyone hates the US, but they sure like our money.

I like the US not for there money but for there sitcoms, like Friends, Cheers, Married with Children, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Hahaha, that's the funniest thing I have read today.

and I quote myself:

hmmm politics and government...

I never debate about issues related to any of the above because almost 95% percent of the people debating have no idea what they are talking about and only repeat what they have read, heard or were told by others. Such easily manipulated people.

Please be careful with words like 'everyone' Peggy. Not everyone hates the US, but some of us do believe certain US politicians have had a very bad effect on both their and other countries.

I never liked the EU. The UK has gotten very little out of it other than mounting debts and idiotic laws being put into effect by some Belgian guy.

Did you know that the UK tax payer spends £40 million a week on funding Farms in france, of which all produce is kept exclusively for france. That on top of the billions we spend just to be part of the EU.

Its a crap idea which was destined to fail from the get go. It only seems to benefit a few countries, of which the UK is not one due to our extreamly hostile relationship with our European neighbours.

What would I do? I'd pull the UK out of the EU and have no more to do with it. No more funding to other countries full stop - they got themselves into that mess, they can sort it out. Why should we pay for their cockups!

Please be careful with words like 'everyone' Peggy. Not everyone hates the US, but some of us do believe certain US politicians have had a very bad effect on both their and other countries.
oh ppfffttt it was said tongue-in-cheek. Thankfully, the other three who quoted me got it.
Funny tho, that everyone passed over what I said about US healthcare. ;)

BTW I do agree with your statement about certain politicians.

Well , looks like it has become a political arena... So here goes..

If we cant mange to Unite Britain to be a Great Britain what chance do we have of uniting Europe.. None at all...

Both the parties we have in power now in England fought their election campaigns on the back of the Labour party sending in the armed forces to the Gulf and Afghanistan, now because it suits them they ready to do the same to Libya under the guise of it being for humanitarian reasons , what a load of bollox.. Its for oil , nothing more , nothing less. In the same month as they are contemplating doing the above they announce massive spending cuts for all branches of the armed forces , not to mention the thousands of service men who are about to loose their careers.... If its for humanitarian reasons why are they not going into The Suddan or one of the many other countries were innocents are being slaughtered by the thousands everyday..?? Main reason.... No Oil is at stake in those countries...

Money & Greed is THE SOLE policy maker in EVERY goverment , like it or not.... get used to it coz it aint gonna change...

Regards..

oh ppfffttt it was said tongue-in-cheek. Thankfully, the other three who quoted me got it.
Funny tho, that everyone passed over what I said about US healthcare. ;)

BTW I do agree with your statement about certain politicians.
I saw no reason not to take your comment seriously/literally in a serous political debate. But thanks for clearing it up. ;)

I think Germany is the only country getting screwed big time out of the EU deal :D :D ... the UK probably is not benefiting .. BUT y'all should ask a German :D

Quite the opposite, people are still fond of the americans but the Dollar is walking the green mile. More and more states in the US are starting to accept foreign currency and even gold as payment.

But I guess you didn't mean that seriously :)

Quite the opposite, people are still fond of the americans but the Dollar is walking the green mile. More and more states in the US are starting to accept foreign currency and even gold as payment.

But I guess you didn't mean that seriously :)
As I said above, it really was stated tongue-in-cheek.

However, when you see these countries that we help holding up signs that say death to America, or hear radicals saying that America is satan (that was the rhetoric behind 9/11, or at least what those pilots were made to believe), makes you wonder.

Anyway, back to the EU. (What is the EU anyway?)

Anyway, back to the EU. (What is the EU anyway?)

the eu is all about allowing countries in europe on the brink of disaster into other countries who have done fine without joining into the eu become just as bad as those countries who were at war for years. It allows immigrants to get the arses wiped whilst the citizens who have fought for their respected countries and contributed to it all their lives get pushed aside so the immigrants get all the luxuries and benefits of an easy life.

Joining the EU was the single biggest mistake the uk made. Imo it was.

At first I couldn't understand their opposition to USA and the allies - but over the years the bigger picture has emerged slowly and made me see a little bit more from their side as well. It's just not as black and white as the US government or media wants it to be.

To drag it a little further; How would you feel if another superpower suddenly found out that USA was treating some groups in a way that they disagree with, and thus found out that they will invade the US to "fix" it according to their belief? How do you think the people in US would react? I know, this example is a bit far fetched - but it always helps to see things from different sides.

Shelley has some good points there. I'm glad my country stayed out of the EU, and we have arguably the strongest economy in the world right now.

At first I couldn't understand their opposition to USA and the allies - but over the years the bigger picture has emerged slowly and made me see a little bit more from their side as well. It's just not as black and white as the US government or media wants it to be.

To drag it a little further; How would you feel if another superpower suddenly found out that USA was treating some groups in a way that they disagree with, and thus found out that they will invade the US to "fix" it according to their belief? How do you think the people in US would react? I know, this example is a bit far fetched - but it always helps to see things from different sides.

Starvation and no health services for your people tends to help an uprising, but the media just made it happen quicker. Did you forget how the U.S.S.R. fell..... ( I did)

the eu is all about allowing countries in europe on the brink of disaster into other countries who have done fine without joining into the eu become just as bad as those countries who were at war for years. It allows immigrants to get the arses wiped whilst the citizens who have fought for their respected countries and contributed to it all their lives get pushed aside so the immigrants get all the luxuries and benefits of an easy life.

Joining the EU was the single biggest mistake the uk made. Imo it was.
That sounds almost identical to our immigration problems over here, except ours isn't countries, it's individuals who enter into the US illegally.

Top Bottom