• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Announcing Forum Runner - XenForo iPhone/iPad/Android App!

Two things: Firstly,
Logged into my account and it also showed "online" both mine and a test login account I'd used a few days ago.
Seems like the app is getting both accounts from somewhere, whether they're tied to the same IP I'm not sure.

Lastly,
See screenshots, doesn't seem to be parsing smilies properly.

View attachment 13426View attachment 13427

In the first picture, :o is being parsed as the oops smiley where the entire smiley text is :oops:.
Second picture, my coffee smiley isn't being parsed at all.

EDIT: Post showed wrong screenshots, now fixed.

Yes, we only parse a basic subset of smilies, not the full smilie list for the forum. If you want the correctly parsed full HTML view, tap the post (in the iPhone app). It will load then.

Just one quick thing...
Conversations: I noticed when you start a conversation with someone, you get the Conversation notification too (the red mark on the bottom "task bar" in Conversations).
I know why this is happening because technically you are part of the conversation too, as is the recipient obviously.

Can a link posted in a thread, when clicked, opens in the app instead of the phone's browser?
This is something my Android tester asked me.

Hi, forgive me if this has already been asked - is it possible to integrate the
tag with FR? This is getting frequent use on my forum and it can be a little annoying viewing the latest/current threads view and getting spoiled straight away by the preview text. It would also be quite nice to have it available when viewing the thread too :)

I can't get it to work. I get parse error and nothing opens. Could it be due to having Wordpress? I tested Tapatalk and it works. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The site is poopmesa.com and the forum is located at poopmesa.com/forum

I can't get it to work. I get parse error and nothing opens. Could it be due to having Wordpress? I tested Tapatalk and it works. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The site is poopmesa.com and the forum is located at poopmesa.com/forum

I'll take a look at it.

If you go the branded route is it possible to offer users free and paid versions - for example (free version - with ads) and (non-ad version for £0.59p)

Just to show that I haven't forgotten about you. There's a spelling error in yours too ;)

Check: ACP>Options>Forum Runner Settings:
Place Ad At Bottom Of Thread?
Check if you would like Forum Runner to embed an ad at the bottom of the thread page (above the therad summary)

Is there anything going on in development of this app for server/client version? I haven't seen any new version for a while.

Hi,

I just installed the latest FR and purchased the latest client for my HTC desire HD(Android) and I cant type anything in the client.

Whenever I press any keys to type the screen flashes green with every keystroke but nothing appears... is this a bug?

This happens when either replying or creating a new thread... I cant do anything with it...

EDIT: Seems to be working now after a phone reboot. One thing I did notice though was that when adding attachments theres a lag when pressing the 'attach' button which makes the prompt come up twice, so after I upload an image it goes back with the option to upload from camera or gallery which can be confusing for some users... otherwise everything seems to work good so far, will do some more testing before I get a branded version

Top Bottom