XF 1.5 Animated gifs not animating with some sizes

sothis

We recently migrated to XF, so I apologize if this is an easy admin setting or something I'm unaware of. We're noticing that animated gifs are only animating at some sizes - here's some text from the user that investigated this:

Doing some poking around with my own avatar and profile, I see the forum has at least 3 different image sizes available for avatars. If you look at the url for a post avatar you will see /m/ in it, but if you look at a profile avatar you will see /l/ instead. In your case the /l/ version animates (even with the erroneous extension), but /m/ and /s/ don't.
37026.jpg
37026.jpg
37026.jpg

Most likely what is going on here is that the /l/ version is the original uploaded file, then the forum resamples the image to make the smaller ones, and removes any animation in the process. With some such scripts this is a togglable option, but in others the script just can't resample without removing animation frames. I have no idea which category xenforo falls into.

Is this by design? Is there a way to make it so all of the sizes animate? Thank you!

Confirm that you have ImageMagick installed, the ImageMagick PECL enabled in PHP processor and that you have selected the ACP option to use ImageMagick instead of GD.

Ah! Imagemagick indeed wasn't set as the default, thanks so much for that tip (I never ran into that setting as we don't allow attachments - bit of a weird place for the image processing setting to live)

Works perfectly now, thank you again!

Ah! Imagemagick indeed wasn't set as the default, thanks so much for that tip (I never ran into that setting as we don't allow attachments - bit of a weird place for the image processing setting to live)

Works perfectly now, thank you again!
No problem.. it will only work with new uploaded ones... the existing ones will not convert over.

Top Bottom