AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Thanks for fast support and helping to find the real bad boy in this game - the error seams to come from the Developer Tools Addon and what it makes a litle bit tricky is the point that it was gone after a page refresh but comes back when the page was new loaded. Damn... :D ;)

I get this is a marathon and not a sprint but I'm not seeing any differences. Installed on 1/10, most of the screenshots show a difference by this time. For reference my site has 85K posts, the 4 problem pages are related to wiki but I wouldn't think that makes a big difference.

Please let me know if there's anything I need to do differently here.

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.47.53 AM.webpScreen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.46.19 AM.webpScreen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.47.20 AM.webp

I get this is a marathon and not a sprint but I'm not seeing any differences. Installed on 1/10, most of the screenshots show a difference by this time. For reference my site has 85K posts, the 4 problem pages are related to wiki but I wouldn't think that makes a big difference.

Please let me know if there's anything I need to do differently here.

View attachment 263934View attachment 263936View attachment 263935
With an average ~5 daily visitors coming in from search, I think it will be hard to be able to see any difference there to be honest, even if 1 more visitor would come in per day it would be lost in the day-to-day fluctuations.
Is the domain new or recently been moved? I find it a bit weird that an established forum with 85K posts wouldn't get more traffic that that unless it has been penalized/is new/too generic/competitive niche.. How many threads are those 85K posts?

The 4 pages shouldn't be a problem no.

The 0% Good URLs I find a bit odd tho..On our own site that is at 99.8% with AMPXF

With an average ~5 daily visitors coming in from search, I think it will be hard to be able to see any difference there to be honest, even if 1 more visitor would come in per day it would be lost in the day-to-day fluctuations.
Is the domain new or recently been moved? I find it a bit weird that an established forum with 85K posts wouldn't get more traffic that that unless it has been penalized/is new/too generic/competitive niche.. How many threads are those 85K posts?

The 4 pages shouldn't be a problem no.

The 0% Good URLs I find a bit odd tho..On our own site that is at 99.8% with AMPXF
Went through a name change about 8 months ago and now have 2500 topics, I do see results in Google though so it's hard to say. It does act like it's being penalized/restricted for some reason but not sure how to research that.

Went through a name change about 8 months ago and now have 2500 topics, I do see results in Google though so it's hard to say. It does act like it's being penalized/restricted for some reason but not sure how to research that.
in google search console check under the Security & Manual actions.

More feedback data for those of you trying to figure out if the add-on is helping:

I've used the add-on since its release. But recently I became curious about what might happen if I disabled it. So, on November 17, 2021, I disabled it. Here's what my traffic looks like before/after:

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 3.40.52 PM.webp

It appears that I did slightly lose traffic after disabling. This was mostly an experiment and I'll be enabling the add-on again today.

But... its only a small time period.

Do you have some stats about a longer time?
How looks your statistic at the period 2020-11-17 to 2021-01-31 if you have therefore enabled AMP... :unsure:

What I mean - I think its better to take a look at the same months over years, instead of certain months inner one year to exclude periodic fluctuations. Like christmas time or hollydays...

Google Search Console giving me this error.

HTML Event attributes, aka 'on*', are not allowed in AMP. Instead use 'amp-bind'.

Only reporting it on one page so far. I checked the source and the only on attributes that I can see are similar to this.

Code:
on="tap:AMP.setState({ membersVisible: !membersVisible })"

Google Search Console giving me this error.

Only reporting it on one page so far. I checked the source and the only on attributes that I can see are similar to this.

Code:
on="tap:AMP.setState({ membersVisible: !membersVisible })"
Hmm interesting, could you open a support request on ampxf.com and put the link to the affected page and we'll have a look at it :)

Cheers
//Jonathan

Hmm interesting, could you open a support request on ampxf.com and put the link to the affected page and we'll have a look at it :)

Cheers
//Jonathan

I've been thinking about this and I think this was related to an ad I had running which I've now stopped which had a onmouseover component.

I've only had the one error on Google so far - I'll keep monitoring and see if it reoccurs. If it does I'll log a ticket.

Thanks for the response

This add-on has not resulted in any noticeable increase in traffic for me. My license just expired and I will not be renewing.

• Sad
Reactions: rdn
Hmm, I think you have to be a bit more specific what you want to achieve :)
So I have the home button removed via css with the following code:
Code:
[data-nav-id="home"] {
    display: none;
}
I want it to be consistent on the amp pages and want that also removed from the navigation. However that doesn’t work in the amp extra.less file.

So I have the home button removed via css with the following code:
Code:
[data-nav-id="home"] {
}
I want it to be consistent on the amp pages and want that also removed from the navigation. However that doesn’t work in the amp extra.less file.
Oh okay, yeah the data-nav-id-attrs are irrelevant for the AMP pages (they are used by JS in the canonical pages..)

The amp addon does, however add an amp-state-element there to keep track of some similar things, and it has an ID that matched the "node ID" and can be utilized with a "sibling selector" to hide the link:
Code:
#homeVisible + a {
}

You could also achieve the same thing with the following rule, but it will hide all links to "home" in the menu..:
Code:
.M [href="/"] {
}

Cheers
//Jonathan

Top Bottom