AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Thanks, on 1.3.5 Beta 1 now but unfortunately it's still not finding any value for $isAMP when called in post_macros
Oh yes a tiny problem there.. Beta 2 is available with fix :) 👍

Also in macros it needs to be accessed slightly differently:

Alternative 1: add arg-isAMP="" to the macro so that $isAMP becomes available inside the macro:
HTML:
<xf:macro name="post"
    arg-post="!"
    arg-thread="!"
    arg-isAMP=""
    arg-highlightedPosts="{{ [] }}">

Alternative 2: Check the values straight from "globals", e.g. <xf:if is="$__globals.isAMP"></xf:if>

Alternative 2 worked!

Now just waiting to see what traffic it gets :D

Offtopic but google amp auto ads, it's got the two sets of code needed and set up right. But no ads are showing, is this expected if amp has only been live for 24 ish hours? Google has no amp pages listed in the search console, but I can see that some users are being sent to amp

Alternative 2 worked!

Now just waiting to see what traffic it gets :D

Offtopic but google amp auto ads, it's got the two sets of code needed and set up right. But no ads are showing, is this expected if amp has only been live for 24 ish hours? Google has no amp pages listed in the search console, but I can see that some users are being sent to amp
The <amp-auto-ads> seems to work spotty at best (at least with google). For some it works sometimes, but can place the ads in weird positions.

We actually recommend that you rather set up ads to show every X posts as described in https://ampxf.com/faq/how-to-show-an-ad-every-x-posts.16 :)

Also if you have access to doubleclick or are using an ad network that allows "sticky ads", those are recommended as they perform really well for mobile devices :) 👍

AMP sticky ads can be setup by creating an ad position After opening of <body>-tag [AMP] and following code:
Code:
<amp-sticky-ad layout="nodisplay">
    <amp-ad width=320 height=100
            type="doubleclick"
            data-slot="....">
    </amp-ad>
</amp-sticky-ad>

Reactions: HJW
How I can activate the addon but not put the meta tag (amphtml) live until I troubleshoot the code and design of the generated AMP pages?

How I can activate the addon but not put the meta tag (amphtml) live until I troubleshoot the code and design of the generated AMP pages?
There is a template modification that adds the amp html tag, you should be able to disable it I think 😊

Was gonna get this, but why do some people have to pay $200 more for the same addon?

Kinda doesn't make sense....

but how does the Ampbot work harder?

Isn't it hosted on our own server?

Kinda wondering how it's different for small/big sites is all.

ps. it's 2021 and I am going to identify as a small site for now, is that how it works.... ehehehe....

When it comes to AMS - how is everyone liking it with that?

Most of my visitors go right to our articles and there's barely any forum activity.

Wondering what your thoughts are on AMS performance.

thx

@mazzly , I applied this tutorial to display a text logo instead of img.
How can I do the same for amp pages? They show img logo.

@mazzly , I applied this tutorial to display a text logo instead of img.
How can I do the same for amp pages? They show img logo.
I've been thinking about adding this at some point, as I saw some of the early customers did something similar..
But none really requested it so it fell down the list of "things to be done" :D

I guess now would be a good time to add that as an option :D

BEST ADDONS :)
Thank you! :)

Got any nice results to share or similar? :)

I guess now would be a good time to add that as an option :D
Yes! )

Speaking on adding options. I'm getting notifications from ahrefs kind of "google doesn't like dynamic pages, use static instead". So I was thinking about an option for those who already use rewrite rules for friendly urls, to rewrite /threads/title/?amp=1 into /threads/title/amp/ or /amp/threads/title/.

What do you say?

Top Bottom