AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Another quick question. If I were to get themehouse xpress add on to my UIX pro which basically ties WP and xenforo together will your add on still work for AMP pages on the forum or would that not work ?

Hello, some news about "AMP Real URL" setting in Cloudflare ? Some users can't activate it.
Does each affected user have to open a ticket or is the resolution process underway and not necessary?

Thanks ! :)

Another quick question. If I were to get themehouse xpress add on to my UIX pro which basically ties WP and xenforo together will your add on still work for AMP pages on the forum or would that not work ?
Good question, probably should still work fine as the forum is separate from wordpress anwyay :)

Hello, some news about "AMP Real URL" setting in Cloudflare ? Some users can't activate it.
Does each affected user have to open a ticket or is the resolution process underway and not necessary?

Thanks ! :)
Should not be neccessary to get it fixed, but of course if more people open tickets about the same thing, it might speed things up :)

I have a question about compatibility with xf2.2 and 2.1.
Does the version identification take place with every action or a flag is set once.
I ask because I'm a little afraid that the add-on will lose speed due to its many possibilities.
XF has a static $versionId variable set so the XF 2.1 vs 2.2 checks are really short (like nanoseconds short) so you don't have to worry about those slowing down anything :) Also it doesn't really matter if the server would serve the page a bit slower, as it is anyway cached in search engine AMPCDN caches :)

Which version? that was a problem in early versions of 1.3.2 but should be fixed now
Hi

sorry for the delay...

Error: Call to undefined method MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater22::getAfPaidAds() in src/addons/AddonFlare/PaidAds/Entity/Location.php at line 378
  1. AddonFlare\PaidAds\Entity\Location->get() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 115
  2. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php at line 334
  3. XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->XF\Mvc\Entity\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php at line 346
  4. XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->groupBy() in src/addons/AddonFlare/PaidAds/Admin/Controller/Location.php at line 23
  5. AddonFlare\PaidAds\Admin\Controller\Location->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2326
  10. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 488
  11. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Paid Ads 1.2.0
xf 2.2.3 Patch 1
AMPXF 1.3.4 (i needed to downgrade to 1.3.1 again cause i have some sponsors)

Ever since upgrading to 1.3.3, we have been receiving a lot of the requests below resulting in 404s.

Requested URL:

https://ourdomain.com/amp-pixel/63578

Referrer:

https://ourdomain-com.cdn.ampproject.org/

Ever since upgrading to 1.3.3, we have been receiving a lot of the requests below resulting in 404s.

Requested URL:

https://ourdomain.com/amp-pixel/63578

Referrer:

https://ourdomain-com.cdn.ampproject.org/
Yes those are to be expected until the search engine AMP caches get the latest version.
The amp-pixel for "members online stats" changed to use a common format and the threads previously had their own endpoint :)

btw, it should be version 1.3.4 where that was changed :) 👍

Upon closer inspection, we have been getting a lot of these from our forum AMP pages, too. Thanks for the explanation! :)

I may have noticed something that I don't like very much and I think it's much more visible on a small forum like mine:
AMPXFBot visited approximately 85,772 pages in one month and 48,420 pages by humans for a total of 3,169 humans.
So far everything is fine and I do think that AMPXF is playing a huge role.

Where I have a doubt is that if I calculate only my threads, I compatibilize a total of 90,457 views.
Knowing that 48,420 pages are visited by humans and 85,772 by AMPXFBot, wouldn't this one generate views on purpose? If so, there should be an option not to have AMPXFBot compatibilized as one of the human views.

I may have noticed something that I don't like very much and I think it's much more visible on a small forum like mine:
AMPXFBot visited approximately 85,772 pages in one month and 48,420 pages by humans for a total of 3,169 humans.
So far everything is fine and I do think that AMPXF is playing a huge role.

Where I have a doubt is that if I calculate only my threads, I compatibilize a total of 90,457 views.
Knowing that 48,420 pages are visited by humans and 85,772 by AMPXFBot, wouldn't this one generate views on purpose? If so, there should be an option not to have AMPXFBot compatibilized as one of the human views.
Hmm that is a very good question..

I'm wondering which stats / views you are looking at? Because in my own ACP I can't see any stats for "views", so I'm not sure what you are referring to 🤔

Has some number been inflated since installing the addon?

But at least my initials thought are:
  • The AMPbot always come from the same IP (so it should be considered "the same")
  • The AMPBot always visits as "guest"
  • The AMPBot doesn't execute Javascript, so Google Analytics will be unaffected
  • The AMPBot doesn't "come in via a search engine" so e.g. Google Search Console is also unaffected by it..

I know that if you install the Known bots addon that one will mark the AMPBot as a Robot.

Please explain a bit more what numbers you see being inflated? (if any?) :)

Cheers!
//Jonathan

Hmm that is a very good question..

I'm wondering which stats / views you are looking at? Because in my own ACP I can't see any stats for "views", so I'm not sure what you are referring to 🤔

Has some number been inflated since installing the addon?

But at least my initials thought are:
  • The AMPbot always come from the same IP (so it should be considered "the same")
  • The AMPBot always visits as "guest"
  • The AMPBot doesn't execute Javascript, so Google Analytics will be unaffected
  • The AMPBot doesn't "come in via a search engine" so e.g. Google Search Console is also unaffected by it..

I know that if you install the Known bots addon that one will mark the AMPBot as a Robot.

Please explain a bit more what numbers you see being inflated? (if any?) :)

Cheers!
//Jonathan
I'm talking about server-side statistics which are a little more extensive than what XenForo offers in the ACP.

I did not necessarily take the time to look previously but I know that in a month to take 90,457 in just 7 threads while my website has been online since the end of December is not something that would be easily achievable with my type of content without AMPXF.

I came here because I see that a lot of pages are visited by AMPBot and that according to my calculations AMPBot is compatibilized in thread views (server view and not ACP). I could be wrong and it is possible that it is humans who refresh the page or that they come back several times but I find that too high for human manipulation.

I'm talking about server-side statistics which are a little more extensive than what XenForo offers in the ACP.
Can you exclude the AMPBot user agent on those statistics? :)

btw, what are these server-side stats? some UI or similar?

I did not necessarily take the time to look previously but I know that in a month to take 90,457 in just 7 threads while my website has been online since the end of December is not something that would be easily achievable with my type of content without AMPXF.
If you have 7 threads, the AMPBot will crawl those 7 threads over and over to see if errors exist. (e.g. if you install some addon that breaks something etc).

Of course for a really small forum like yours it might not make sense.. We should probably reduce the crawl rate for those with < 100 threads or something :D

I came here because I see that a lot of pages are visited by AMPBot and that according to my calculations AMPBot is compatibilized in thread views (server view and not ACP). I could be wrong and it is possible that it is humans who refresh the page or that they come back several times but I find that too high for human manipulation.
Sorry I'm not familiar with the term compatibilized from before, so I might misunderstand something :)

But yes, the AMPBot crawling the pages will from a server stats / logs perspective add up to quite a number of "entries". Just like any other internet robot would

I'm wondering: why do the server views matter? Those will also contain e.g. googlebot, bingbot and all the other bots in the whole world won't it?
What I think would be relevant are the "real visitors" and those you can see from e.g. Google Analytics, or from the ACP, or am I missing something? :)

Last edited:
I might be completely wrong, but I guess ratix_gunz wants to be assured, that a boost in traffic, that he will see after the add-on installation, is a real deal and not faked by your ampbot.

Top Bottom