AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
The value of this addon is difficult to assess with 100% accuracy, because SEO and Google decisions are difficult to understand. Yes they are "hiding" AMP icon into the SERP but they are prioritizing "Page Experience" as you can read here.

Xenforo pages aren't fully optimized for mobile, AMP does. Core Web Vitals are now a factor taken into account by Google to show something in their SERP, they even revamped how they calculate content layout shifts to make them more accurate. Mobile Usability is another factor.

Having an addon that mantains AMP for the whole Xenforo layout is a pretty big thing because can boost your overall score for this two factors.

Keep in mind SEO optimization isn't everything, you still need content to serve to Google to be able to rank. Old forums with lots of landing pages could potentially gain positions into the SERP with this addon, gaining more visitors and users, new forums probably won't see many improvements right away (Google SERP is slow to change, keep in mind this, and Google needs to recrawl everything and re-evaluate your site entirely, you can submit urls to Google manually so they recrawl them faster, you should do this for your landing pages after you optimize them).

AMP itself is difficult to evaluate, some SEO "experts" turn it down for everything that don't "spam" news everyday (blogs, news outlets, etc). Forum have more "static" content to serve, but this addon is just a "door" and then the visitor is served with the real Xenforo when interacts with the page content. So this could change the assessment made before.

@mazzly when more stats from old forums are available to evaluate you should update the site, so we can see eventually the progress made by them, im really curious to examinate them, thanks.

Last edited:
55% of my traffic is now AMP. I am not complaining though it is kind of sad that @Siropu keyword linking is not compatible with amp pages so i miss out on potential clicks on affiliate links on these hits.

Last edited:
@mazzly when more stats from old forums are available to evaluate you should update the site, so we can see eventually the progress made by them, im really curious to examinate them, thanks.
I can ask around from the other forums, at least for our own forum which is 21yr old the traffic growth we saw from installing the MAP addon has stabilized around 1.6K daily visitors (graph in overview of addon only has initial weeks)

I'm checking it with my mobile (Android, Chrome) and the icon is missing.
How can I fix it?

View attachment 250568
You need to wait for the next beta that has a fix for it, we will release it later today :) 👍

where do you see these stats?
I'm looking at Google Analytics > Behavior > Site content > All Pages. There are 3700 pages listed for the last week. 1200 of them are amp pages. Total AMP pages pageviews - 4.1k. 28% of total pageviews (14.5k).

Keyword i used is initial page view. landing pages is the key to look at. about 80% of my landing pages have ?amp=1 in them.

Keyword i used is initial page view. landing pages is the key to look at. about 80% of my landing pages have ?amp=1 in them.
I guess the most accurate measurement would be to uninstall AMPXF and watching the organic traffic change if any. )

I don't think it's a good idea.

google serves amp from it's cache. It will attempt to refresh that cache on a schedule, which would result in 404's. I think it could be pretty detrimental in fact. all mobile searches would 404. there may not be an immediate replacement of the standard mobile view.

google serves amp from it's cache. It will attempt to refresh that cache on a schedule, which would result in 404's. I think it could be pretty detrimental in fact. all mobile searches would 404. there may not be an immediate replacement of the standard mobile view.
I don't think it's as dramatic as you described. ) Each amp page has a canonical url tag, so Google will not get lost.

Ok, what the heck is this? Got it in Google search console.

Disallowed attribute or attribute value present in HTML tag.
First detected: 4/20/21

LEARN MORE

Ok, what the heck is this? Got it in Google search console.

Disallowed attribute or attribute value present in HTML tag.
First detected: 4/20/21
LEARN MORE
Could you send me a link where that happens? Usually it is some weird attr added by some addon or similar.
I don't think it's a good idea.

?amp=1 doesn't show 404 on xenforo if the addon is disabled. you can just try it here.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/ampxf-amp-for-xenforo-2-paid.189922/?amp=1
Yeah it won't be a textbook 404, but since googlebot expects it to be a an AMP page I guess it will consider it to be a "soft 404", which is not preferable either.

btw, the AMP cache as I've understood it, will basically update after each user visit.
So a visitor won't ever see the "freshest" version of the page, but the next visitor after that will see what would've been a "fresh version" for the previous visitor.
I don't think it's as dramatic as you described. ) Each amp page has a canonical url tag, so Google will not get lost.
I've found with my SEO efforts that the less I mess around changing things and just trusting the process of what I have done, the better results I'll see.. Too many variables and you'll make yourself crazy trying to figure out why some metric has gone up or down. (The metrics of one of our sites that we haven't touched in almost a year even jumps all over the place in Google Search Console from month to month..)

New version has fix, might take a while to propagate, but I think if you "pull down to refresh" the page from previous screenshot it should load the page from your server instead of AMP cache :) 👍
Upgraded and it fixed! Now I can see the icon even in devtools on my desktop (mobile view). Thanks!

Hi i have a ads banner on my header, how can i add it to the amp pages, it's a *.jpg
thank you
Could you set it up as an advertising position under ACP > Setup > Advertising?
If so you could create a new ad position in .e.g the position Container breadcrumb (bottom): Above [AMP] and place the image code there..

It also of course depends on where you want the image tho show :)

Top Bottom