AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
I'm using AMP on Wordpress too. It doesn't matter if you're redirected from Google or type the address from Chrome mobile. It just switches to AMP when browsing on mobile. I don't want my users to browse site with AMP version.

i am not sure what addon you are using on wordpress that loads amp pages by force on mobile browser. but with this addon, the only way to land on an amp page is through a google search on mobile browser. and every link on the amp page would direct the user to regular page.

55% of my traffic is now AMP. I am not complaining though it is kind of sad that @Siropu keyword linking is not compatible with amp pages so i miss out on potential clicks on affiliate links on these hits.
just a fyi, @Siropu released an update today that enabled keyword link addon support on amp pages. just hours after i asked him if it was possible!

Hi @mazzly
I've written this to you in a pm but I think it could be of public interest: google core web vitals.
Tha amp version of my forums doesn't pass the test:
Screenshot 2021-05-01 at 11.50.17.webp

Looking into details:
Screenshot 2021-05-01 at 11.52.52.webp

amp scripts that are unused when the test is run, or:

Screenshot 2021-05-01 at 11.54.00.webp

third party (? it's amp's own js!) code

Do you have an idea on how to solve this?

Thanks

Hi @mazzly
I've written this to you in a pm but I think it could be of public interest: google core web vitals.
Tha amp version of my forums doesn't pass the test:
View attachment 251209

Looking into details:
View attachment 251210

amp scripts that are unused when the test is run, or:

View attachment 251211

third party (? it's amp's own js!) code

Do you have an idea on how to solve this?

Thanks
There is a long-running thread on this over at https://github.com/ampproject/amphtml/issues/28638

But basically it seems the pagespeed insights isn't really "aware" that AMP scripts are optimized and might benchmark some things as "bad".

The pagespeed insights tool isn't perfect and will show things that might not make sense, and therefore it is good to think critically also if those things are needed or not.. In this case all of those resources are needed..

In Google Search Console there is now the "Page Experience" tab that shows how many good pages you have. If you check that one the Good URLs should be mostly AMP pages, while the bad URLs are all the canonical pages.
1620044085364.webp

@mazzly Can we have a link https://ampxf.com/ Problematic pages to verify all fixes by one click? As there can be a fix that applies to many issues. Thanks.
Please open a support ticket and we will start a bulk re-verification for you :) 👍
We don't want to add a button like this because it could be misused to spam our Bot-workers unnecessarily.

What did you say about this: https://plausible.io/blog/google-amp

Is AMP death now?
Has been discussed a couple of times already in this thread, but to summarize:
  • XF threads were never showing up in the top carousel anyway (this new change makes non-AMP pages be allowed there)
  • AMP pages are still faster than the canonical pages (especially for XF) + they are cached on the search engines for really fast delivery
I'm wondering why that article keeps talking about "Google AMP", since AMP is no longer a google product, and hasn't been for years.
The author seems to want to push for their own "light-weight analytics" by bashing AMP and saying lightweight is possible without AMP (it is) so I would take the claims in the article with a grain of salt :D

Top Bottom