AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Just updated from 1.3.7B1 to 1.3.9B2, now
  • notices that are set to "scrolling" are displayed stacked (if there is more than 1 to show)
  • in the menu the "Log in" and "Register" links are displayed even if you are already logged in

Hello,

To what extent does it all work in conjunction with the PWA functionality of the Xenforo?

Greetings

Just updated from 1.3.7B1 to 1.3.9B2, now
  • notices that are set to "scrolling" are displayed stacked (if there is more than 1 to show)
  • in the menu the "Log in" and "Register" links are displayed even if you are already logged in
Yes the scrolling notices we have plans to fix with the amp-carousel functionality, but it will likely take a while as there are some details to be sorted out for it still :)
The AMP pages always show as "guest" as that is the only real use case for them. Your existing users won't see the AMP pages (unless they search on google and come in through that channel)
Hello,

To what extent does it all work in conjunction with the PWA functionality of the Xenforo?

Greetings
The AMP pages don't utilize PWA at all, and wouldn't really have much of a benefit from it, as the pages will always(almost) be served from the search engine caches.. Once a visitor decides to contiue browsing your site, they will be directed to the "real site" where PWA and all the JS magics work fine :) 👍

Hope that answered your questions :)

Yes the scrolling notices we have plans to fix with the amp-carousel functionality, but it will likely take a while as there are some details to be sorted out for it still :)
Ok, good to know. For the meantime I have set the display of the notices to "don't show on AMP pages".
The AMP pages always show as "guest" as that is the only real use case for them. Your existing users won't see the AMP pages (unless they search on google and come in through that channel)
Yes, of course. You are absolutely right. Had forgotten that AMP works differently than normal pages. :oops:

Lots of "problematic pages" currently, but listed without line and column number.
The link is always the same, it's indeed a broken link and it's part of the postbit (user's homepage).

1615829548337.webp

Lots of "problematic pages" currently, but listed without line and column number.
The link is always the same, it's indeed a broken link and it's part of the postbit (user's homepage).

View attachment 248595
Oh yeah we have been a bit lazy implementing that part, but when you visit the page logged in you will clearly see where it is :) Will put it on the list of things that could be improved 👍

Those bad links in user postbits are "good" in the sense that when you fix it in one place, it will fix many pages that were broken due to it ;)

Hey @mazzly
Is there any way to mark/validate multiple pages on ampbot or ask to validate based on error type ala GSC? I have almost 800 pages in error, thanks UIX guys :( which have been patched with the latest beta but no way to clean them up unless I click validate on each.

Hey @mazzly
Is there any way to mark/validate multiple pages on ampbot or ask to validate based on error type ala GSC? I have almost 800 pages in error, thanks UIX guys :( which have been patched with the latest beta but no way to clean them up unless I click validate on each.
I'll bulk remove those for you :) 👍

Many things to fix and improve always :)

One strategy might be to only install the Stable and Patch Level releases ;) Of course since the latest release it is a bit easier to pull down the latest release for installation :D
I've been running the beta. Everything seems fine.

Besides, I'm trying to impress Google bots more than actual users. As a user, I personally don't love viewing AMP pages. But if Google does, I'm for it.

I've been running the beta. Everything seems fine.

Besides, I'm trying to impress Google bots more than actual users. As a user, I personally don't love viewing AMP pages. But if Google does, I'm for it.
Yeah that's the spirit :) I wouldn't have started making this addon unless I wanted/needed it for the SEO benefit of our own forum :D

Other than that I'm a bit two-fold on using AMP:
  • I really like the instant opening pages of AMP, especially when I'm outside where the network coverage might be bad
  • I don't like sites that have AMP pages that don't match the real page. or are otherwise "too stripped down"
    • This is why AMPXF tries to create an as-identical-as-possible AMP version of the forum/threads 👍
      Optimally, the visitor shouldn't even notice it is a stripped down AMP page they are browsing ;)

Top Bottom