AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Unlike in the responsive/mobile view, the sidebar content is not displayed in the AMP version, isn't it ?
Intended because not possible in AMP or is that just not yet implemented in AMPFX ?

Unlike in the responsive/mobile view, the sidebar content is not displayed in the AMP version, isn't it ?
Intended because not possible in AMP or is that just not yet implemented in AMPFX ?
Yes the sidebar is so far not implemented to be shown. It should be possible with AMP as well, but the sidebar usually contains a bunch of widgets from all kinds of 3rd party developers, and they often contain things that are not allowed by the HTML5 spec, so we have so far decided against adding it.
Also the sidebar will anyway only show at the very bottom of the page, so visitors coming in through google will probably be more interested in the thread content itself :)

We might add it at a later stage, but it probably will be an advanced option, as it will likely break the validity for some forums if enabled by default :)

If you really want it to show for your AMP page (which btw, only visitors coming in through search engines will see), please open a suggestion for it on ampxf.com :) 👍

It should be possible with AMP as well, but the sidebar usually contains a bunch of widgets from all kinds of 3rd party developers,
You might be right about that. With all other websites, but not with ours :D. We use almost only the standard widgets, but some of them slightly modified.
We have only one non-standard widget in use. That's below the forum list and it shows up perfect even in the AMP version. ;)(y)
We might add it at a later stage
Would be great (y)
If you really want it to show for your AMP page (which btw, only visitors coming in through search engines will see), please open a suggestion for it on ampxf.com :) 👍
I will do so :)

I don't think we will add this as an option into the addon, as it is:
  • Custom modification
  • Different from the "default XF behaviour"
We want to keep the AMPXF addon generated pages as similar to the canonical. (i.e. if you show something on normal site, it should also show on AMP site)

You should be able to do the things you want with some CSS selectors:
CSS:
/* Hides the breadcrumb on "forum views" */
html[data-amp-page-type="forum"] .p-breadcrumbs {
   display: none;
}
/* Hides the header (title and buttons) on "forum views" */
html[data-amp-page-type="forum"] .p-body-header {
}
(If you set this into amp_extra.less, the above things should be fixed)

@mazzly How can also hide breadcrumb and Page number navigation from Node and Thread view?

Hello @mazzly, from how long after installing the addon can we expect an improvement in google impressions? Personally, it's been 14 days and the curve is still slightly up but no more than it was before. It is a young forum put online in early November 2020.
Thanks.

add the following to amp_extra.less:
CSS:
.lfs {
}
Hello @mazzly, from how long after installing the addon can we expect an improvement in google impressions? Personally, it's been 14 days and the curve is still slightly up but no more than it was before. It is a young forum put online in early November 2020.
Thanks.
Usually the uptick happens quite fast (within a few days if no AMP error), but it will be different for everyone.
  • For some it upticks heavily and stays that way
  • For some it upticks heavily and drops down a bit after
  • For some it only increases slightly and stays that way
The amount of increase you will see from it also depends on hundreds of other factors, but at least the speed factor for mobile is taken care of with this addon :)
Possible to turn off amp on forum list page?
Is there a specific reason for this? I guess we could add some advanced option for this, but feels like it kind of "defeats the purpose" of the addon :D

For some it only increases slightly and stays that way
So this is my case... I don't even believe there was a positive effect since the curve did not undergo any noticeable change.
Maybe because of the low number of threads (300) and messages (2300) at the moment.
Moreover, a part is configured so as not to be indexed (chat forums for example).

I have to work again and again...

Last edited:
So this is my case... I don't even believe there was a positive effect since the curve did not undergo any noticeable change.
Maybe because of the low number of threads (300) and messages (2200) at the moment.
Moreover, a part is configured so as not to be indexed (chat forums for example).

I have to work again and again...
I had a peek at your site on Ahrefs, quite new site right? guessing October/November 2020 looking at when links started showing?

I took a look at the "keywords" it is ranking for:
1614056444408.webp

You installed the addon the first time on 7th February, which is a tricky date as Google did some algo changes 7th/8th :D

Anyway, on the 8th of February the amount of keywords in position 4-10 grew by 3, which is nice. But we don't know if it was due to AMPXF install, or Google update.

Anyway, you are on the right path to more traffic, the graph for positions 11-50 is also growing, although what is most important is usually the positions 1-10 :) 👍

Your site is not just small, it doesn't basically exist in the eyes of Google. You shouldn't expect much from this addon @nicodak . You need content first.

Top Bottom