Amazon Parser

Amazon Parser 3.6

No permission to download
Hello @AndyB tried to install v2.2 got this error

Code:
Error
Callback Andy_AmazonParser_Listener::Post is invalid (Invalid Class).
in the addon xml file, change the line 10 to:

<listener event_id="load_class_datawriter" execute_order="10" callback_class="Andy_AffiliateParser_Listener" callback_method="Post" active="1" hint="XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post" description="Amazon Parser load_class_datawriter"/>

The issue is that the classes have been renamed to "AffiliateParser", but the XML is still looking for "AmazonParser"

Edit: still doesn't seem to be working, looks like he forgot to update the XML file, the code is looking for settings that do not exist

Last edited:
Do you have any examples of a xenforo forum using this add on?
Can you use a specific item code for a specific product, like lets say you wanted to only link/sell McDonald's Hamburgers, would the link you added only link to that or would it just rotate to whatever items fits the bill, like Burger King Whoppers also?

Huge thanks to @AndyB for his professionalism and speed! This add-on has saved our butts :D

Do you have any examples of a xenforo forum using this add on?
Can you use a specific item code for a specific product, like lets say you wanted to only link/sell McDonald's Hamburgers, would the link you added only link to that or would it just rotate to whatever items fits the bill, like Burger King Whoppers also?

Due to the way in which Amazon links are actually formed, it will link to the specific product. If you want to sell a McDonald's Hamburger you will be linking to that specific Hanburger - let's say a Big Mac - and not to the entire Hamburger section of the menu.

Even if you include all the extra dross Amazon tends to put in links, the only actual important part is the ASIN, and every ASIN is unique. If you've mistyped your ASIN and the ASIN you use doesn't exist, you'll get Amazon's lovely 404 page.

Great add-ons AndyB! I'm seeing a lot more amazon short links (amzn.to), there isn't really a way to bath process these eh?

Just an FYI - when I tried to install using the Install & Upgrade add on I get the same error that was reported a little ways back in this thread:

Code:
Callback Andy_AmazonParser_Listener::Post is invalid (Invalid Class).

I don't know since when XenForo names the links using the targetsite's title. When you just insert a link into the editor it won't check if it's Amazon or not and it doesn't add the tag.

Top Bottom