Am I the only one......

DaveL

Am I the only one on here that cringes when I read some of the threads/posts people make?

Some people seem so excited about 1.1 its as if there typing rubbish whilst sitting in a puddle of pee caused by the excitement.

People talking about staying up all night "hunting" for new features - Just look at the features list and get yourself a nights sleep.

Seriously, A whole thread to say 1.1 is coming soon? I thought Einstein was dead but it appears he's live and well spouting the bloomin obivious on Xenforo.com

Maybe its just me, my age or the British in me that thinks "Kier, Mike - You've done a good job. Keep it up". If I was to bump into them I would doth my cap and shake their hands.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Its the interwebs. I cringe at about 90% of the stuff I read... Unfiltered anonymous Internet for the win. (or loss)

*add this party popper to the ignore list* ;)
Seriously, I know many people here are young, restless and easy to be excited. I guess I'm too old now that even though I can't wait to see XF 1.1 released, when I saw it this morning, I nod my head in approval.

I just don't have enough "whateveritis" to go and post crazy in those "XF 1.1" threads. But the internet is what it is, a society where young and old coexist.

Am I the only one on here that cringes when I read some of the threads/posts people make?

Some people seem so excited about 1.1 its as if there typing rubbish whilst sitting in a puddle of pee caused by the excitement.

People talking about staying up all night "hunting" for new features - Just look at the features list and get yourself a nights sleep.

Seriously, A whole thread to say 1.1 is coming soon? I thought Einstein was dead but it appears he's live and well spouting the bloomin obivious on Xenforo.com

Maybe its just me, my age or the British in me that thinks "Kier, Mike - You've done a good job. Keep it up". If I was to bump into them I would doth my cap and shake their hands.

I wouldn't take what people say so literal. It's just their way of showing their gratitude and appreciation to the 1.1 product. Nothing wrong with it imo. :p

Preview.webp

I wouldn't take what people say so literal. It's just their way of showing their gratitude and appreciation to the 1.1 product. Nothing wrong with it imo. :p

Must just be me turning into a grumpy old man then as I find everything wrong with it!

im excited about it, for me the other forum software just got boring..
No No No No No NO NO!!!
This isnt another thread for people to come and spout about their excitement. Why do people see the numbers 1.1 and seem to lose control of what they type. Another example I saw a few moments ago.

Every other hour I look into the page source. Who knows, there they put some ASCII art in HTML comment to tease us

:unsure:

Its called enthusiasm, don't knock it :)

No No No No No NO NO!!!
This isnt another thread for people to come and spout about their excitement. Why do people see the numbers 1.1 and seem to lose control of what they type. Another example I saw a few moments ago.

:unsure:
Why not, if somebody doesn't have anything better to do with his freetime?;)

I'm also analysing and checking the changes in the js files, so i can check the necessary changes earlier, so i need only to check the changes in the php files and integrate this things into my add-ons and release them as early as possible to the people... (for example, there are already some ideas & plans how to create a add-on to reload automatic the "Alert popup"

Everyone reacts to things differently, we paid for the software and we look forward to the update which benefits our community so in turn the happiness/eagerness/fanaticism/enthusiasm or whatever you may want to add is for our communities (for me, at least). As in, you find new features and tell your members such a thing is on its way, you get used to it so that you can explain them what's new.

If you look at other aspects its same in the gaming industry, people are fanatic about upcoming games. Same with movies etc. XenForo should be proud that people are really looking forward to 1.1, it's generated such a big interest and we (some having seen pathetic updates before) are happy for one that the developers are listening to us and adding features we want. Why would anyone not be excited about it? Just think about the features in your community and then think about the responses you get from your members, it ofc makes you want 1.1 to come faster + search for new features to know what to expect.

The opinions may differ, since we all have different personalities and nature. But it's a free world and everyone should be allowed to react as they want without criticism, at least that's what I think with regards to 1.1 ^^ (or as Brogan said, one.one!)

Top Bottom