Alternative revenue stream for Kier

I wondered if it was Southbourne! I spent a lot of time there as a child/teen - much better than Bournemouth imo. :)

img_0983-jpg.6301
How British is that!? Its freezing cold & wet. I know, we'll go the beach and you will enjoy it ;)

You could also travel to Cleveland, Ohio USA and go ice skating on Lake Erie when the Ice is 3 feet thick, this is great fun, you could skate from Ohio to Michigan in the middle of winter.
I'm liking the Ice Skating, not the Cleveland comment... I mean, the Browns have gone to the super bowl more times than any single person can count. Wait, I'm probably the only one that would get that reference... I think that's a Pittsburgh thing. But yeah, not liking the Cleveland there.

LOL, you are just mad because The Cleveland Browns were so great for so many years while you guys were pathetic losers until Bradshaw, Franco Harris and Mean Joe Green and company came along !!!

One would have to be real old like me to understand the history of why people from Cleveland hate Pittsburgh fans.

In the old days we use to make jokes about the Steelers, now you guys love to pay us back, so go on....

And who has the most super bowl wins... Oh yeah, that's right, us! :D If there was a time where we weren't taking the browns to the super bowl, you're just jealous that even without Bradshaw, Franco Harris, and Mean Joe Green we are still dominating. haha.

How about me, indeed! It's about time someone brought the focus of this thread back to where it should be.

Well, I'm doing fine. I am drinking coffee, then I'm going to eat some olive bread with slices of Edam, pull on the ears of the larger of my two dogs, and bring my car to the dealership. Because the fact is, my car needs 3 new tires!

You're probably wondering, "How do only 3 of 4 tires wear out?" LOL! Good question. But there is an explanation. You see, some months ago I was driving along happily in the healing California sunshine, and I heard, "PHLPP PHLPP PHLPP PHLPP!" So I pulled over in front of a meatball stand and looked at my tires and wouldn't you know it? One of them had a big nail sticking out of it! I drove to a tire store, PHLPP PHLPP PHLPP PHLPP! all the way, and the proprietor assessed the situation and said, "Looks like you have a big nail in your tire."

Long story short, the nail was in the sidewall, so the tire couldn't be patched. I had a decision to make: purchase an entirely new tire, or try to drive around on three tires, with one wheel tireless. I thought about it, and it seemed that the possibility for real mechanical damage existed if I attempted 3 tire driving. So I instructed the tire store proprietor to attach an entirely new tire in place of the punctured tire, and asked him to properly dispose of the damaged tire. It was only a matter of minutes and the new tire was affixed, I paid with a bank debit card, and drove off, happy and safe.

However, an unintended and not completely unforeseen consequence of that adventure was the uneven wear of the set of tires. You see the new tire, being of a much more recent vintage, remained healthy, while the remaining 3 older tires continued to wear at a predictable rate. Which leaves me in the situation I am in now; needing 3 new tires.

If you're like me you're probably thinking, "Oh great, now the single tire that will not be replaced today will wear out before the other 3!" And you would be correct to be concerned. In all likelihood, I will require, a few years from now, one new tire. It will annoy me somewhat to take time out of my day to have that new tire installed, but I will think back to my decision not to drive around on 3 tires and know that I did the right thing. Convenience and even tire wear be damned!

So that's what's happening over here. Thanks for asking.

Alternatively you could swap that single tyre for the spare (assuming you have a spare, it's new and is the same size) and have 4 new tyres.

Tires? That's what someone does when they grow weary of defending the original spelling of words to those who have invented new spellings, isn't it? ;)

LOL, looks like Brogan has a new thread to make so we can argue about how you Brits slaughter American English.

http://www.histoire-pour-tous.fr/en/inventions/278-invention-du-pneu.html

After all Google might just suggest different spelling to you old blokes also.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&...=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=b9249fd3d570d064

Have you gentleman ever heard of the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company ??

I was born and grew up in the Tire Capital of the World, Akron, Ohio was the fastest growing city in the world due to the growth of the "Tire" business in the 1920's since we were right down the road from Detroit the auto capital of the world (at least the USA).

Tires? That's what someone does when they grow weary of defending the original spelling of words to those who have invented new spellings, isn't it? ;)
It's also the 4 round rubber things surrounding the wheels beneath my car, so I can get to work.
frog.gif

Top Bottom