Alter Ego Detector

Alter Ego Detector 1.7.8

No permission to download
@Xon loving this on my small forum.

Is there a way we could have the option to post a new thread instead be post a reply in a thread? If that is something I could rewrite in the code myself because it might not be that useful for everyone else that is fine.

Are we sure this is working?

I purposely logged in as another member and I di not receive a PM. Is it cron based?

I have my settings set up so I am the only one to view reports and the only one who can use an alter ego.

Thanks.

I purposely logged in as another member and I di not receive a PM. Is it cron based?

I have my settings set up so I am the only one to view reports and the only one who can use an alter ego.

Thanks.
It is working for me with these settings.

Untitled.webp

Thank you for your response. But, I do not want to create a thread and a report like your settings. I just wish to receive a PM.

Any other ideas?

Thank you for your response. But, I do not want to create a thread and a report like your settings. I just wish to receive a PM.

Any other ideas?
The PM portion is below all that but you probably need to include that user and user ID because it needs to have "something" originate that PM.

Thanks.
How have you setup "only one who can use an alter ego"? The "bypass alter ego" means the account will not be checked, even if it is detected as an alterego.

@Xon loving this on my small forum.

Is there a way we could have the option to post a new thread instead be post a reply in a thread? If that is something I could rewrite in the code myself because it might not be that useful for everyone else that is fine.
It already has the option to create a new thread rather than replying to an existing one. Do you mean you want it all to go to an existing thread?

It already has the option to create a new thread rather than replying to an existing one. Do you mean you want it all to go to an existing thread?
Correct, one thread for all of it, either it creates it and stays in that thread or I could point it to one, whichever is easier.

How have you setup "only one who can use an alter ego"? The "bypass alter ego" means the account will not be checked, even if it is detected as an alterego.

Which permission (for the Bypass Alter ego permission) should be filled in so a user(s) CANNOT have an alter ego?

Not Set (no)
Allow
Never

It can't resolve the username then. Please ensure you copy it exactly, without any whitespace of other symbols.

Does your username have any unicode in it?

Hi @Xon
Is it possible to check just Cookie + IP without checking just IP? The ISPs in our country recycle many IPs, so many users come to be duplicated although we know that's not possible. A Cookie + IP detection is much more reliable, so I would like to have reports just for that.

Thanks!

@Moshe1010 I actually have IP detection disabled and then manually check when the cookies match.

The alter-ego detector really isn't that flexible in how it does the matching, and I will have to ask if you are willing to funding to change that detector matching logic.

Top Bottom