Alter Ego Detector

Alter Ego Detector 1.7.8

No permission to download
This is awkward, because we have some members who have upgraded their memberships with a subscription, and I don't want to mess this setup up.

Why not simply have a way to mark the report "Ignore," so it's not flagged again? Among our members, we have one married couple who uses computers on the same ISP. They are flagged regularly.
If you are using reports; just mark them as resolved and they don't get bumped.

I've been meaning to unified all the reporting methods so there is a single way to handle these, but haven't had time. Reports for the most part are "good enough"

@iamjudd do you have IP matching enabled? Or share your computer with someone else?

That said, it isn't impossible to cause a false positive (on their own account) if a user was being an *******.

@iamjudd do you have IP matching enabled? Or share your computer with someone else?

That said, it isn't impossible to cause a false positive (on their own account) if a user was being an *******.
It's my forum and these are random registrations, funny thing is most of these people show only an IPv6

Error:

Exception: Alter Ego Detector - Start PM is not properly configured when reporting ***** is an alter ego of ****** - library/LiamW/AlterEgoDetector/XenForo/Model/SpamPrevention.php:687
Generiert durch: ******, Heute um 08:07 Uhr
Stapelverfolgung

#0 ****/library/LiamW/AlterEgoDetector/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Login.php(45): LiamW_AlterEgoDetector_XenForo_Model_SpamPrevention->processAlterEgoDetection(Array, Array)
#1 ****/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): LiamW_AlterEgoDetector_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login->actionLogin()
#2 ****/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 ****/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Benötigter Status

array(3) {
["url"] => string(47) "http://www..de/login/login"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(6) {
["login"] => string(12) "****"
["register"] => string(1) "0"
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["redirect"] => string(36) "http://www.de/"
}
}

@Xon , I have a feature request. We recently migrated from vBulletin and had used the "Multiple Account Detection and Prevention" addon for years. Alter Ego Detector is a great Xenforo addon that does many of the same things, but there is one thing that is missing that would really help our work flow; MADP was able to differentiate Mutli-registrations from multi-logins and when creating a notification thread for our staff, labelled (via the thread title) the different issues as such so they immediately knew how to address them. Additionally, we could choose to place the two different notices in two different forums within our site which immediately organized them as well. Is this a possibility? I'd be happy to throw some $ to offset your effort in getting this added if it is possible.

How? I have members in "Registered Members" group with a second group XY - but not all in this both groups should be white listed.

So - how should I do it with groups? o_O

Just create a new member group and put the member you would like to whitelist into this group.
For this group only change the permission to bypass alter ego.

Reactions: Xon
That results in a double amount of primary groups only for one reason - the double account whitelist.
Not realy a good idea... (n)

But at the moment the only solution till this is added as an option to this addon.

And what's so problematic about secondary groups?
The whole permission system is based on secondary groups.

We use 15 additional Groups to tune the permission for different parts and actions of the forum.
It is impossible to archive the results we want only with one additional group.

Reactions: Xon
The problematic is ... simple

Yes, I can copy an existing secondary groups, set it all as white listed group and move manualy the members I want to the new groups. But with the next installed addons, I have to make all new settings in all existing groups - so its more work for your "solution".
I have at the moment alone around 8 secondary existing groups. If I made what you say, I have 16 groups to handle for only one job: white list the members I want to...
Sorry, but for me its no good solution. Its a solution, but no good one.

And next is, what is with member promotion? Here we must also set all double, to auto move Members from one secondary group to another one... :whistle:(n)

Sorry, but I dont understand the problemaic with a simple input field in ACP to white list certain members like it works time ago with a similar addon at vBulletin years ago. So, no extra work with extra groups was needed. :cool:

OK.
This addon is coded with a user group permission. This is the whitelist of this addon.
If you have a input field this permission is useless. Means the coder have to recode this addon.

You don't have to touch any of your other groups. Also it don't affect the promotion.
It is just another group with the purpose of bypassing the alter ego.

Just in this group you give the permission to bypass it. In all other groups you let the permission unset.

Now you put the members you want whitelist in this secondary group.

The permission system in xenforo is build to add more permissions with secondary groups. Not to revoke them.
It is different from what you know from VB.

So the basic main group has the lowest rights. With each other group you increase the rights.

It is really simple and no work at all beside to put the member who can bypass into this one special group.
If you don't want to allow them this anymore take them out of this group.

You don't have to deal with any other of your groups.

What you mean, is just a second set of primary groups for members, moderators, admins, and all other primary groups. The secondary groups we can leave... thats clear.
But all of these primary must exist as non white list and white list version - so we have this groups double existing. Its for me a non perfekt solution. :cool:

As I think, guests, reg members, moderators and admin are original primary groups. In all of these we can have double accounts. So If we would use the groups, we have to double exakt all of these primary groups?!

I ask others - what should be better on the actual solution as on the old one, like in vB used? And I mean not the group permissions system, I mean the addon functionality.

But all of these primary must exist as non white list and white list version -

It seems you don't really understand the member group system of xenforo.

If you use it like it is intend to do there is only 1 primary group where every user belong to including Admins and Mods. The registrated group. This group should have only the basic permission enabled what you want every user has.
Every other goal you want archive is made with secondary groups.

If you playing with different primary groups you make your administration life more complicated than it must be.

I also have a question: I did install this addon like 2-3 weeks ago. Now - Lets say User A has two accounts he uses - Account 1 and Account 2 with Acc.1 beeing his account and Acc.2 a friends account he uses to gain some permissions. When he logs in the first time with Acc.2 after the addon was installed, the userID of this account will be written to the cookie. Then he logs into his own Acc.1 and will receive a warning from us for using multiple accounts.

Now the problem.. if he now only keeps using Acc.1 (his own), it will still generate a new report for us everytime he logs in, correct?
This would result him to get even more warnings and eventually get banned
So is there any solution for that or am I thinking it the wrong way?

If that is a problem - it would be nice to have an easy way to remotely delete/reset the cookie of that user so he does not receive any more unwanted Reports.

Top Bottom