[Already Exists] Switch between WYSIWYG Editor and Text Editor in both ways

StarBuG

Hi

Currently it is only possible to switch from WYSIWYG Editor to Text Editor.

It should be possible to also switch back from Text Editor to WYSIWYG Editor.

Regards

StarBuG

Upvote 0
You can already do this.

Click on "Use Rich Text Editor" bottom left of the text editor window.

rich_text_editor.webp

oh totally missed that.

More people do, because that link is positioned on the botton left corner, whereas the [aA]-icon is positioned in the upper right corner. Ofcourse, since it's the only link it can hardly be missed, but one just expect this link in the upper right corner as well...

It is impossible to put the link in the top right corner as it would be outside the editor window and would therfore result in the editor moving position vertically each time it was switched from WYSIWYG to plain text.

There is no toolbar in the plain text editor as there is with the WYSIWYG editor.

You can do it with a template edit easily enough but you will either have to accept the editor will change position each time it is switched or there will be a larger gap between the editor and the post immediately above it.

It is impossible to put the link in the top right corner as it would be outside the editor window and would therfore result in the editor moving position vertically each time it was switched from WYSIWYG to plain text.

There is no toolbar in the plain text editor as there is with the WYSIWYG editor.
I was just coming here to make the suggestion.
I'd like to see Use Rich Text Editor repositioned to the top right also.
To me it is just not intuitive to be on the lower left.
Nothing is impossible as we've already seen.

Nothing is impossible as we've already seen.
biggrin.png

Top Bottom